Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get either the Cannondale Rize 4 or the Moto 5 which is $100 more. Im assuming the Moto 5 doesnt have the top notch components on it but its the better frame with an inch more travel.

Does anyone know the difference component wise between the 2? The Rize 4 is the mid range Rize and the Moto 5 is the low end Moto. Its hard to say what the best bet is. I dont want to spend more than these cost either.

Rize 4
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/09/cusa/model-9VT4.html

Moto 5
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/09/cusa/model-9VB5.html

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Before you buy you should determine what type of rider you are and where your going to ride.
The Rize is a light-weight almost XC-ish kind of bike and the Moto is a burly bomb proof AM bike.

Let your bike shop help you determine which bike is more suitable.

·
Registered
270 Posts
depending on where you ride, how you ride... is this your first bike? if it is i'd do more research...

the rush is a lighter more x/c ride

the rize is a trail/light am ride

moto is a heavier am/fr rig

your lbs will be alot of help in determining what ya need

if i had to choose from them 2 it would be the rize for me ,good luck either bike would jamm:thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didnt even see the Cannondale forum, my bad. I think Im going for the Rize. Ive seen the Rize 4 in person and got on it etc. Its also lighter than the Moto which is a plus. Im 6' 0" 180 lbs and do mostly cross country type rides with no crazy downhills or "stunts". Ive had the same F400 hardtail for 10 years so it will be my first full suspension bike.

·
Registered
130 Posts
From the data you posted I think you will be more happy with either the Rise or the Rush. The Moto just will not climb like you are familiar with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.