Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

i saw cedric's prophet at the RB district ride, and fell in love. the prophet with a 66 is the ****! so i was wondering if it were theoretically possible to put a 66sl (150-170 adjustable) on a prophet frame. Due to the height in the front, i thik i'd have to keep it on the XC setting, right? As a result of that, could i get a new dhx 5.0 air with a 2.25 stroke because of the XC setting, or would I still have the tire leave marks on my frame? thanks for the help guys.

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
PblcNme said:
that's definetly true, but im already pro :p . i have a prophet and was just wondering if it were to work.
If your already "Pro," then I'd think you'd have other avenues of obtaining information. Like sponsors and not a pre-pubescent MTB forum.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you not catch the smiley? Besides, there is no other pro rider besides Cedric and Aaron Chase riding FR/DH for cannondale.

now....can anyone answer my question?

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
PblcNme said:
Did you not catch the smiley? Besides, there is no other pro rider besides Cedric and Aaron Chase riding FR/DH for cannondale.

now....can anyone answer my question?
Too bad Cedric doesn't ride for C-Dale anymore. Call Cannondale sometime next week (if they're in) and see what they have to say about it and whether it voids the warranty or not.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't know about a 66, but I have a sherman breakout on my prophet. On the 130mm setting it feels like it did with the lefty. I rock it on the 150mm setting and really like how it rides now, very fun bike. I'm trying to get a 5th element to work on it, but I haven't had any time to put it on yet so I can't help out in that department. HTH

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
It depends on the frame.

PblcNme said:
yea he went to commencal and the new sponsor is vredestein. why would it void the warranty?
THe trailbike prophet is designed around a trail fork. THe 4x frame is gussetted to accept the longer a/c and added stresses that a fork like the 36 or the 66 put the HT under.

If we are talking about mounting a 7" travel single crown fork on a trail bike frame, the warranty may be voided.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.