Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Force 40 cams. Used with cantis and made the brakes kind of mushy. Vintage was early 90's to 95?

I was going thru some old stuff and found some of the Suntour ones.

PK

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yup. After they officially acknowledged they sucked they had a cable stop that screwed into the same mounting point called the H-Pipe because of its resemblance to, well, a pipe of some sort. Or so I was told... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alohachiimoku said:
It's just like SUNTOUR POWER HANGER.

Works ok,,,
I'm taking it they were only used with suspension forks. There aren't any threaded bosses on my rigid fork to screw the things into.

Tim

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
CS2 said:
I'm taking it they were only used with suspension forks. There aren't any threaded bosses on my rigid fork to screw the things into.

Tim
Originally they were used on Cannondale's Pepperoni fork which was rigid. But it did have a little boss for it if i recall. You can mount it to the hole in the top of the fork but you'd need a spacer to get it in line with the cantis.

Why are you using them? Just use a regular hanger. The Force 40 piece drastically increases the brake's leverage and also its mushiness and vague feel. Along with that you get drastically reduced pad clearance. I cant imagine using them with Graftons as shown above.

If you want to feel something similar use cantilever brake levers with some V brakes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.