Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would say ride them both and see which you like better...sometimes one just feels right. I was convinced I was getting a Trek, so I went to ride a DS and an XC -- as soon as I also test rode the cannondale trail 5 29er, I knew it was the bike for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Went to thx lbs and they said they'd have both in Thursday so I can ride em

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,049 Posts
Ride them in and out of ditches and over the grass to get a better feel.
For that money range I would check a Superfly 5 or 6 with a 15% discount. Better geo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did look at the treks. The guy at the shop said for that money look at the specialized craves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
You'll notice a difference in feel between the bikes for sure. The Crave 29er is a similar bike to the Cannondale you posted. The RH Pro Evo has more slack geometry, 20mm more suspension travel, a 15mm thru axle fork, Clutch rear derailleur, 2x10 drivetrain with bash guard, etc... It's also slightly heavier than the Crave. Take the advice above and ride both and pick whatever feels best to you. It would also help to test ride other bikes in that price range too.

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Copy/paste aside, I personally have really come to prefer slacker-than-XC geometry and a little extra travel on my trail bikes. Definitely try out the EVO RH too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's all about what is comfortable for you, not everyone has the same torso or leg length, what is comfortable for one May not be as comfortable to the next person. Ride them and figure it out for yourself....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ended up getting the specialized pro evo and I absolutely love it. Thanks for all the feedback

1 - 12 of 12 Posts