Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Cannondale Moto 4 with a DHX Air 4.0 and I have no idea how this thing works and the online pdf on fox's website doesnt tell me how much air to put in or how to use it please help

·
Registered
38 Posts
motoxdady said:
I just bought a Cannondale Moto 4 with a DHX Air 4.0 and I have no idea how this thing works and the online pdf on fox's website doesnt tell me how much air to put in or how to use it please help
From what ive been told by my LBS for Fox you put in the same psi as your weight to start then add or subtract psi as needed. I was told safe pressure range is between 20 and 300 psi YMMV.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lvdukerider said:
From what ive been told by my LBS for Fox you put in the same psi as your weight to start then add or subtract psi as needed. I was told safe pressure range is between 20 and 300 psi YMMV.
thanks that's a start, ill try that for the main psi...now i just have to figure out the 3 other adjustments lol.... seriously thanks though that helps

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
put 125 in the piggyback. now as a starting psi in the main can use your weight and add or subtract from there until you get 20-30% sag. now bump up or down the air pressure in the piggyback to set your bottom out resistance. dont go too far below 125 as that is the minimum recomended pressure. i have 120 in there but 160 pounds is my fighting weight. its a pain to set up but overall a pretty nice shock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
K2Lambo666 said:
did you get a fox booklet for the shock? when i bought my jamis xam I 09 i received info booklets for everything part fork,brakes,shifters,etc.
no, you think if i go back to the my lbs they would still have them? it is a 2009 i don't know if they kept the manuals that long....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
b-kul said:
put 125 in the piggyback. now as a starting psi in the main can use your weight and add or subtract from there until you get 20-30% sag. now bump up or down the air pressure in the piggyback to set your bottom out resistance. dont go too far below 125 as that is the minimum recomended pressure. i have 120 in there but 160 pounds is my fighting weight. its a pain to set up but overall a pretty nice shock.
thanks, how do put air in the "piggy back" i only see the valve for the main chamber comming off at an angle the same way as on the float r shock (i had on my last bike)...

PS i really like the VERY adjustable red rebound spinner

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
motoxdady said:
thanks, how do put air in the "piggy back" i only see the valve for the main chamber comming off at an angle the same way as on the float r shock (i had on my last bike)...

PS i really like the VERY adjustable red rebound spinner
the piggyback should have the valve right on the end of it. as for the rebound i like mine in the middle, a bit on the slow side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.