Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a huge fan of Cannondale's products. Their bikes haven't really fit me and I guess I just never warmed to them. I must say that I'm really liking the purchase I just made for my new Monkey.

I'm also happy that it cost me less than $5.

Here's the rest of the bike...

Going to wider bars and ditching the bar ends tomorrow.

Blingage off my old bike looks kinda weird on the KM. It actually turns out to be pretty light though.

I've got bubbly cogs.

My personal favorite. Interesting contrast between the gearie and the SS Monkeys. Oddly enough, the gearie is lighter. No wonder with that freaking monster chain on.

Have a good night. I need rest.

Pete

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
goin' at it like bunnies!

i guess it is a no-brainer that the bottles are "wide" mouthed, big diameter units, hahahahahaha. :p

nice bunch of animals you are now riding with.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Yeah. Wait til one of those cute and cudly creatures jumps in front of you going 25 mph on a DH turn. I am sure the waskly wabbit will suffer, but it may not be the only one suffering. They are nice to watch, but dumber than dumb.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
brewdog said:
That's a purdy bling'd out KM...

One question - why do you have a tensioner on the geared KM?
Just wanted to make sure that if I decide to get out of the saddle and stomp for a while, that my rear QR doesn't slip. I figured that a little extra help in holding the axle in can't be a bad thing. I don't have a lot of time to shake this bike down before heading to Colorado and Utah for a trip.

Peter

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
brewdog said:
That's a purdy bling'd out KM...
Forgot to answer this.

I know it is a bit too blingy. I just took the components off of my old Truth and tossed them onto this with a few new parts. Eventually all that stuff will go on a frame a bit more worthy of the blingage. I needed a frame fast and at a reasonable price. I think it is one of the last XL KMs that was available until the end of may.

Peter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.