Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm happy to report that my Flash '29er 1 is now sporting the originally advertised OPI stem, after shipping with the lesser "C1 HeadShock" 2-piece in late December. This swop-out was the subject of some discussion on the boards.

I'm not sure whether Cannondale changed the specs mid-stream or if they mistakenly advertised the OPI stem in their catelog and on-line. (They advertised it online as OPI from their first announcement of 2011 models until sometime in January 2011 when they changed it to the C1.) In any event, when I pointed out the issue to my shop they immediately contaced Cannondale and secured the replacement.

It too about 7 weeks to get the part, which is fine with me. Bottom line--happy camper...

BEFORE

AFTER

WHOLE BIKE (Before)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ZERO trail miles. I've got about 2 hours on it, mostly around local roads. The trails are snow covered and gross, I can only ride weekends, and when the temperature is acceptable it's raining pretty hard. (Hoping March comes in like a lamb...)

Anyway, it does ride good locally, real smooth and deliberate, comfortable in-the-bike kind of feel--so I'm eager to get out there.

How are the wheels? I have a hard time knowing which component is contributing what to the feel, but the overall experience is good. You can move on it...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ckonegr said:
What are your thoughts on the seat? I find it extremely uncomfortable after about 10 miles. It look cool, but comfort is starting to take precedence.
I find the fit to be excellent...but it's hard. Hard seats on mountain bikes are not my thing and I'll probably change it out, although I'm going to give it a few more rides.

Shame that white won't work with my road set up.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The Fizik Gobi is wicked comfy. I have ridden some of those saddles around the parking lot and they seemed comfy but sometimes it takes a few miles to get a feel. That being said I guess I will secure another Gobi for the new bike when it shows up........if it ever shows up.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UPDATE

With several hundred miles on that Prologo X10 now I have to say I love it. Not sure if I broke it in or vice versa but it is now my most comfortable saddle. Been using a Selle Italia Flow on the road bike, so I'm not used to gel, etc.

·
Registered
111 Posts
clamp question

I'm happy to report that my Flash '29er 1 is now sporting the originally advertised OPI stem, after shipping with the lesser "C1 HeadShock" 2-piece in late December. This swop-out was the subject of some discussion on the boards.

I'm not sure whether Cannondale changed the specs mid-stream or if they mistakenly advertised the OPI stem in their catelog and on-line. (They advertised it online as OPI from their first announcement of 2011 models until sometime in January 2011 when they changed it to the C1.) In any event, when I pointed out the issue to my shop they immediately contaced Cannondale and secured the replacement.

It too about 7 weeks to get the part, which is fine with me. Bottom line--happy camper...

BEFORE

AFTER

WHOLE BIKE (Before)

I just bought a 2013 flash carbon 29er and i came with that new style CANNONDALE OPI stem. The stem is crazy long and would prefer the clamp stle stem with a + vs the - rize. Do you know of a specific place I could purchase the clamp style stem other thatn from c'dale? Thanks

·
Registered
725 Posts
Always nice to see Cannondale looking after their customers... It's stuff like this that I take into consideration when weighing up buying a new bike. I've got to get a road bike and the Cannondale Synpase is looking increasingly likely!

That's a really nice bike, I was considering getting an X10 but I don't think it's wide enough for me. I need to get a bike fit before I do anything.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
I just bought a 2013 flash carbon 29er and i came with that new style CANNONDALE OPI stem. The stem is crazy long and would prefer the clamp stle stem with a + vs the - rize. Do you know of a specific place I could purchase the clamp style stem other thatn from c'dale? Thanks
If you really want that route, you can do it with a steer tube and older style clamp on stems. I have OPI now, so I could help you here as I don't have a use for the stems and steer tube I have. PM me

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.