Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a Cannondale Prophet 600 and have done some research on the lefty shock, I see some great reviews by companies and the people at my local shop love it. So I am wondering what the people here think. When it comes to spending this much on a mountain bike I dont think I can ask enough stupid questions. :) Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
So far so good

I bought a Prophet 800 a couple weeks ago. I need a firmer spring for it, but I think it will work out nicely. It is definitely stiff, and the TPC damping seems nice so far. I have used SPV ina fork before and it never seemed compliant enough for a fork, so I didn't get one of those models that use it.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
brderj said:
I am looking at a Cannondale Prophet 600 and have done some research on the lefty shock, I see some great reviews by companies and the people at my local shop love it. So I am wondering what the people here think. When it comes to spending this much on a mountain bike I dont think I can ask enough stupid questions. :) Thanks
I had a Lefty on my Jekyll when I bought it. I didn't like it, but others I know swear they are the best forks they've ridden so its personal preference much like every aspect of mountain biking.

I used the Cane Creek Double Xc Short headset to let me run any 1 1/8" fork, which happens to be a Fox TALAS at the moment. I like being able to run any fork, not just the CDale forks so the headset was perfect for me, as always though YMMV.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Einke said:
what part of the lefty didn't you like? you sure can't argue with strength, stiffness, weight, and lack of stiction. check out some of the statistics here: www.golefty.com
Yeah I've read all about how great it was, I just never liked the feel of it. Had a hard time getting it dialed in for me and my riding style. It was either too plush and ran throug travel or lost the small bump compliance.

Mine was an older lefty before they got Mantiou TPC damping, which may have helped some. I think mine was a 2001 Lefty whatever model that would have been.

Like I said, some people love them I just never cared for mine. Brought a pretty penny on Ebay though....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.