Travel Adjust
10 spd
climbing
technical descents
beefy pivots
shock setup

Cons:
White Grips - already dirty after 10 rides
Water bottle cage mount - tricky mounting and does not sit against the frame due to cables underneath

Riding impressions:

Uphill: The bike climbs well in the 90mm in the rear and does not wallow on long technical climbs like horst link bikes. When the climb gets really steep it is nice to put the fork in 120mm mode up front to keep the front down.The front on the bike does feel a little light on really steep climbs in 150mm mode up front, but the new talas does make for an easy switch. The sun ringle wheels are also nice and stiff on the climbs. No issues with the 10spd and it is nice to the 36 in the back.

Flats: The bike pedals well on flats in the flow mode and unless you are really pushing it I see no need to put it in 90mm mode.

Downhills: Flip the bike in flow mode and this bike just eats up the rocks and rails the singletrack. The bottom bracket height is perfect for this type of bike. It took me a little while to get use to the wider handle bars and I am a little concerned about the width when I start riding in the trees so we will have to see. The avid brakes have good modulation on the downhill and it is nice to be able to adjust the pad distance and lever reach easily. When it came to super rocky and tight descents this bike left the 29ers in the dust. A combination of light weight and ample travel allow me to bomb through rocks and tight turns that held up other bikes. The sun ringle wheels also hold a line well and appear to handle drops and jumps well.

I do really like the flip switch for the rear travel since it is easy to pop the bike into flow mode from climbing with a little bit of thumb pressure on the release button.

·
Wandervans
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Wandervans
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.