Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just purchased a SH Cannondale Jekyll 800 full sus, neither of the lockouts work on it,and I can't seem to find any info or manuals about for it, as unsure what year it is?

Also I've bought some wide race face handlebars to fit (as I'm used to wider) but I am having a pain getting a stem to match up to the handlebars as they are 50mm diameter, does anyone know if there are any made that would fit please?

Any help appreciated 馃檹

Cheers

Andy

Rabid Lana Fan
The stem is likely a 31.8 mm for the handlebar diameter, maybe even 25.4 if it's a really old bike.

I have never heard of a 50 mm handle bar for MTB. Are you sure about that measurement?

Rabid Lana Fan
Well, you'll need to get a 35mm diameter stem to use that bar. No way around that, that I know of.

Or maybe see if you can return it and exchange for the one you need (probably 31.8)

Rabid Lana Fan
Also, we have determined your stem is not one of the newer 35 mm stems. So it's either 31.8 (likely) or maybe even 25.4.

Look at the diameter at the end where you mount the grips. Does the bar stay this same diameter all the way across to the other side? Or does it get a little fatter in the middle where the stem mounts?

If it's uniform the whole length, it's the older 25.4 standard. If it gets fatter in the stem area, it's a 31.8.

Registered
The bigger problem is going to be finding a 1.5" stem! I'm not 100% certain, but I had an early 2000's C'dale, and they used a full 1.5" head tube and steering tube. Not tapered. You will likely be looking for a 1.5" stem that can accept 35mm handlebars. I honestly don't know if that even exists. Please post a current pic OP of the stem and bar combo that's currently on there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.