Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received the latest IMBA Trail News the other day. Was wondering why Cannondale is not listed as a corporate sponsor for IMBA while everyone else in the biking industry is? Is this accurate?

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
skibum1 said:
I received the latest IMBA Trail News the other day. Was wondering why Cannondale is not listed as a corporate sponsor for IMBA while everyone else in the biking industry is? Is this accurate?
Not sure....I was kinda surprised too. Actually, I'm surprised that more mfgrs. aren't pulling their weight. They can profit off the bike sales, but they won't help with the keeping areas to actually ride said bike?? :confused:

I can tell you that Kona is a VERY big sponsor of IMBA and access issues. As a matter of fact, their head of advocacy is also the president of the bike club in Bellingham. Practic what you preach, I guess. I also think about that when I make my bike purchases.

EBX

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Trigger said:
Yeah, I was surprised that Mountain Bike Action was not listed as a sponsor also...what gives? :skep:
You must've just read the RC interview in Dirtrag......

If not......in that, RC says his publisher thinks they (mba) can accomplish more by writing about advocacy and access issues than donating to IMBA. RC sounded like he was towing the company line and not saying he necessarily disagreed with it. Personally, I think they should do both as it's ultimately the lifeblood of their readership.

EB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.