Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a gemini 900 at my LBS for sale at my local bike shop and its only 1200. The dealer was telling me the guy sold it to him with a broken frame and cannondale warentied it. It seems to be that the guy had a Vanilla RC on the back and the stock sherman breakout on the front. Is this a good deal?Need your guys input please.

P.S. Check out my link in sig box if you have nothing better to do.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
LandonVega said:
There is a gemini 900 at my LBS for sale at my local bike shop and its only 1200. The dealer was telling me the guy sold it to him with a broken frame and cannondale warentied it. It seems to be that the guy had a Vanilla RC on the back and the stock sherman breakout on the front. Is this a good deal?Need your guys input please.

sounds like a good deal. what year is it? 03? i thinky they retailed near 2000.

·
Registered
798 Posts
that's for sure a excellent deal.... I would jump on that right away....my lbs had that bike last season and they were blowing it out for 1400 , I noticed this on like a thurs of friday...I called on monday when I'd gotten up the money.. and it was gone...... so...... great bike really good price... you'll not get half the bike at that price even if you spent another 4 or 5 hundred more bucks.....

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I have an 04

sounds like an 03 if it had an RC on it. In a nut shell....the 900 is a fun bike to ride. The 04 is 7" front and back. And it is light as heck. Very easy to toss around in the air.

2 things on mine.....first, the vanilla R rear shock is garbage. It clanks and clunks all the time, and I broke the mounting bolts already. Replaced them with nice thru bolts from the hardware store. Second, the Breakout Plus has the older TPC internals, not SPV. Rebound is fast and faster. I had to add oil 3 or 4 times to slow that thing down. It feels ok now.

$1,200 sounds like a great deal (assuming the condition is good). Play with the rebound settings on the fork, and the travel adjustment knob. That seems to disconnect at times if you turn it a few times. Mine did...but easy to pop into place.

Good luck...

LandonVega said:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I tried going into my lbs today but i guess its closed on monday so i will be in there tommarrow and probaly ride it around a such and if it feels good ill go get a loan from the bank and buy that bad dog!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.