Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
What's "social pace?"
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into making some stickers for my frame and I found the font that Cannondale uses for their frames so that it will match exactly...

You can find the font here.

The new frames appear to be slightly different, but it matches the older c'dales like mine. As you can see, it matches my wheels as well (not bought with that intent, but it's a hilarious coincidence).
Enjoy!

Attachments

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
STOP THE PRESS!

That's not the right font, it's not even the one that served as the base for it as the Cannondale font was custom made by/for Cannondale graphic designers... That one looks like a cheap copy...

·
What's "social pace?"
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
except for the D, it matches my frame dead-on. i can draw up a new D.

oh, and it IS a cheap copy. cheap as in free. if it'll get you 90% there, that saves a good bit of labour over drawing a full custom font. you should know this.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
I know, but graphic design is in the details, just at a quick glance, I see I would have to re-work every letters of the word cannondale, the radius of the corners, some should be square and not rounded (inside top left corner of the n for exemple) or the other way around, the thickness of the vertical parts of the letters vs the horizontals are not right... but I'm a graphic designer so, that's the way I am. :p

And I don't need to download the font either, I'm just giving you a hard time ;) while I try to preach quality graphic design, another thing that comes with graphic designers, we always are very critical about things like that...

·
What's "social pace?"
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you comparing it to one of your frames, as they might be newer?

I do see what you mean and I totally agree with you but when it's like 3/4" tall i'm not sure the vinyl cutter would even resolve the difference in that 'n'. I submit to you that it is close enough for the output medium to please most people and those of us who want to tweak it (such as you and I) can go ahead and mess with it in Illustrator until we're content.
I'm a senior art director, btw, so best believe I don't leave anything alone (and believe also that my artists really let me have it for buying matching wheels).

·
Music & Bikes
1,652 Posts
The Fox on the F3000 struck me a lot more than the font.
Please get a Headshock or a Lefty on that bike ........
:p

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
that is no problem you need only a original cannondale letter sticker and than you make a vector grafik and save to your gafik program..... it need some time but than you can do what you want...

·
Registered
123 Posts
that font is awfull!

please use the link provided above (brandsoftheworld...) and just make it slightly more italic to match the new design.

and forget about that font, not even close. like Dan already wrote.

·
What's "social pace?"
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fokof said:
The Fox on the F3000 struck me a lot more than the font.
Please get a Headshock or a Lefty on that bike ........
:p
The fox works great. I'm not planning on changing it out so long as I keep doing well at races with it but I am always accepting donations if you care to supply me with a lefty and a wheel for it.

Oh and they make Scalpels with SID's now so it's not so weird.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Die-Cut Decal Economics

I don't own die-cut equipment, nor do I know anyone who does (say a print shop). With my eps file in hand, I asked my local print shop to produce a couple sheets of "cannondale" vinyl decals. Due to my limited run, they were going to charge me the standard setup (about $35) plus the $20 price each of the the decal sheet(s). For a moment, they also got a little weird about copyrights and trademarks.

While its fun to think about a decal set optimized for a frame, anyone can buy the standard die-cut decal sheet from Cannondale for $20 in a range of colors--and the right font.

David

·
Registered
489 Posts
am i the only one who thinks bikes these days have WAY too many stickers/graphics/logos/component names? bikes are meant to be ridden, not read.

i'm even a graphic designer and i can't stand the over-branding of our world... there's a lot to be said for subtlety...

·
What's "social pace?"
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just to be clear, my original post was never about recreating the cannondale graphics but merely making other stickers that match it, such as a small one with the URL of the local mtb club or whatnot.

·
What's "social pace?"
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
beavola said:
as an aside - that Deda DogFang won't save your 1x9 chain from jumping off the single front chainring. you need a chain device my friend...
It's not a Deda DogFang. Chain drop is not an issue since I have swapped out to the 34T chainring up front. It just doesn't happen. On my other bike with the same setup I run a Blackspire Stinger but I think I will swap that out for a Rohloff chain guide.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.