Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to get a new mtn bike soon, but i cant decide which one to get, i like the cannondale because the frame is beautiful and the headshock is stiffer(beefier?) then a fox....the SJ comes with better brakes/levers and better rims i think, i also like the shimano s on the SJ versus the truvative's on the F600....anyone have some experience with these two bikes and their potential longevity with a 220 clyde?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Are those the only 2 bikes you are considering? For the price of the Stumpjumper HT disc (1300) you could pick up a 2004 Ironhorse MKIII by mail order. Check Supergo, Randall Scott Cycles, etc.

You can just about afford a new full suspension bike for the same price you are looking at for either of the bikes you mentioned....not to mention Ebay.

If you are constrained by whatever reason to buy either of the bikes you mentioned, I would compare the frame geometries....I think the cannondale is a bit more relaxed which will give a better downhill stability, while the stumpjumper will be a steeper angled bike meant more for the racer.

As far as the shocks go, i would much prefer anything Fox over the headshock. You will be forced to stick with the headshock in the future, whereas with the Stumpy you can switch to any standard steerer tube size fork.

Both are great bikes, but you should consider all of your options as well.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I would pick the Stumpy.
I'd rather have the Fox than the Headshox and the Stumpy has better specs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.