Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
Both entry level bikes, not a lot of difference. The cannondale frame is most likely a better design as they keep the frame the same through the whole range. I would say most likely rides more comfortably. On the plus side for the V4 it has more front travel on the fork (100 vs 80mm of travel), 9 speed versus 8 speed components (although some of us old timers think 9 speed was a step back!).

In summary Cannondale = better frame, Haro = better components. If you decide to keep the bike the Cdale is more deserving of upgrading the components later on. There is not much in it, you would be happy with either bike.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
actually not all c'dale hardtails are the same. the F5 is different than the caffeine series hardtails. someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my take on it.

If you can swing it, step it up to the c'dale F4, that's a very solid entry level bike. The F5, you'll start breaking stuff really quick if you're thinking of trail riding it seriously at all.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just an Observation:
You posted the same question on the Haro Thread. No replys, yet. mmmm.

I agree with the last poster. if you can get to the F4 you'll at least get to the headshock along with better components... the headshock will give you same amount of travel, but considerable less weight. depends on what you want, and how much you see yourself getting into the sport. if you see yourself growing in the sport, just be careful not to sell yourself short.
at the end of the day, either bike (V4,F5) I'm sure will be fine and will be able to get the job done....
definately hop on both and (and ride the F4 too) and decide by feel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.