Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I was 95% set on the C'dale BBQ F3, but now i'm starting to lean towards the Stumpjumper HT. I've test ridden both and they both fit well. Well...I felt I was leaning a bit further in the Stumpjumper, but that was a size too big. So i'm assuming the correct size won't feel as stretched out. The only glaring negative about the Specialized is it has V-brakes, esp. at this pricepoint. The next level up with the discs is a few hundred more than I want to spend.

For the same price, which would you get?

C'dale F3
Pros
Better Frame(?)
Nicer welds and finish
Disc brakes
Made in the USA
Cons
2-3 lbs. heavier (28 lbs.?)

Specialized Stumpjumper HT
Pros
2-3 lbs. lighter - (25-27 lbs.?)
Componentry
Cooler paint scheme (debatable)
Cons
V-brakes
Made in Taiwan/China

·
Registered
76 Posts
Components

Sounds like you really need to consider the componentry at this point. Just throw some Avid BB7's on it like mine (around $60 each) and you'll have a well performing bike. I'm pretty sure you already have disc hubs on the stumpy. I can't speak for the cannondale, but I love my stumpjumper. If It has a FOX fork and the cannondale doesn't, go with the Spec.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Arrwin said:
Hey guys,

So I was 95% set on the C'dale BBQ F3, but now i'm starting to lean towards the Stumpjumper HT. I've test ridden both and they both fit well. Well...I felt I was leaning a bit further in the Stumpjumper, but that was a size too big. So i'm assuming the correct size won't feel as stretched out. The only glaring negative about the Specialized is it has V-brakes, esp. at this pricepoint. The next level up with the discs is a few hundred more than I want to spend.

For the same price, which would you get?

C'dale F3
Pros
Better Frame(?)
Nicer welds and finish
Disc brakes
Made in the USA
Cons
2-3 lbs. heavier (28 lbs.?)

Specialized Stumpjumper HT
Pros
2-3 lbs. lighter - (25-27 lbs.?)
Componentry
Cooler paint scheme (debatable)
Cons
V-brakes
Made in Taiwan/China
Ride both bikes and choose the one that you like better - although the componentry on the C'dale is a bit too budget for my taste.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Langdog said:
Sounds like you really need to consider the componentry at this point. Just throw some Avid BB7's on it like mine (around $60 each) and you'll have a well performing bike. I'm pretty sure you already have disc hubs on the stumpy. I can't speak for the cannondale, but I love my stumpjumper. If It has a FOX fork and the cannondale doesn't, go with the Spec.
Forgive my lack of proficiency of brake components, but i'm assuming the BB7s are disc brakes? I thought disc brakes cost more hence the few hundred more for the Comp. If this is the case, adding discs later would definitely be an alternative.

Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.