Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I really need some help choosing between one of these bikes. Im going to college next year at UVM, and the campus is pretty hilly so originally i wanted a hardtail that would climb pretty good. But after seeing everything on this site about Prophet's im having my doubts about the F1000. I do trail riding pretty often. I dont do any serious drops or anything. I want a bike though thats going to be able to fly through the trails and still be able to climb hills really well on dirt and even pavement. The more I look at it the Prophet seems to be a great bike but i am afraid that the rear shock will have too much play on during campus riding. The other thing is that there is a $1000 difference between the bikes, and i dont want the Prophet 800 because it has those dumb dual control levers. I work at a bike shop so i can get about half off either bike, so it isnt as big of a deal. But i just wanted to see what people on this site thought i should go with.

·
Registered
389 Posts
thoughts on prophet

a friend of mine has the prophet. he can barrel over things that i have to be smart on, even w/ my 4" of travel. the big tires that come on it are overkill, so i'd switch those out. i really like the swinger i have on my bike...you can set that along w/ adjusting the frame to the xc setting...should make for a fun campus bike.
the campus i went to had some of the sickest jumps and obstacles around. i still hit it up on the way from the mtn. to jump some stairs and fountains. good stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.