Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some guy offered to trade this bike for about 1k worth of music gear that I have up on craigslist. Specs on it seem pretty good but what do you guys think? Anyone here ride one? Also, I just thought I'd point out that this will be my first "real" mountain bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another question that came to mind...can you put other non Cannondale forks on these frames or are they specific to the fatty and lefty forks?

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
I have questions of my own: what year? what parts are on it? in what condition is it? I have a '99 that's based on a CAAD4 frame, some are based on older frame designs, some newer... A lot can influence if it's worth 1000$ or not.

And yes, you can fit a non Cannondale fork, just needs a Cannondale-to-1.125" headset or headset spacers...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Dan Gerous said:
I have questions of my own: what year? what parts are on it? in what condition is it? I have a '99 that's based on a CAAD4 frame, some are based on older frame designs, some newer... A lot can influence if it's worth 1000$ or not.

And yes, you can fit a non Cannondale fork, just needs a Cannondale-to-1.125" headset or headset spacers...
I believe it's an all stock 1998.
Shimano Deore LX/CODA Components, Avid Brakes, etc. It's in good condition and I actually called the guy and he only wants a few pieces of the gear I had on there for it so. About $200-$300 worth so either way I'm thinking its a good deal. I think I'm going to go look at it tomorrow after work.
EDIT: So would it just be a reducer such as this http://aebike.com/page.cfm?action=details&PageID=30&SKU=HD9902
reason I ask is I want to have some options if I don't like the fork but I have heard that its a great fork.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
I also have a 99 F1000 but mine is really beat up, it now serves me as a part-time urban commuter. A great bike though, a good deal for $200-$300 if it's in decent condition. But if it has LX stuff, it's not stock, mine was built with XT-XTR...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Could also be a build up. I bought my frameset with fork new minus the FT70 cartridge. Had to install a DD60. All LX M580 with dual control. Still nice ride though. I don't know what Cannondale calls the color though, matte od green to olive fade. I like it. Probably cost me $800.00 to build at the time(excange rate was $1.50. Canadian to US).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright sounds good. I should be going down to look at it later today. I figure if I end up not liking it I can probably get my moneys worth out of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.