Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Cannondale Crew:

I have good friend that is focused on purchasing a Cannondale hardtail with a Lefty Fork, but would like to catch a close-out or 2004 model. Are there any online retailers or LBS's that maintain a good selection of 04' stock that they would ship?

Thanks,

Kegbert1

·
Registered
52 Posts
Where are you.....

..... located so that we can suggest an LBS. I saw a couple of F models.... 2004 F600 and F800 here in Toronto, but that may not do you any good if you are elsewhere.
I am not sure that Cannondale allows its dealers to sell on-line.... I seem to remember hearing that that was a condition of being a dealer; they could only sell to customers via a storefront.
Anyways, go to Cannondale.com and use their Dealer Locator and see what is in your area and check out the deals.... there were some here in TO
Good Luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
cdnbkrdude said:
I am not sure that Cannondale allows its dealers to sell on-line.... I seem to remember hearing that that was a condition of being a dealer; they could only sell to customers via a storefront.
In the UK evans and bonthrone sell cannondales online...
Would presume its the same in the rest of the world....

·
\|/ What 60 looks like
105 Posts
Yes, Cannondale prohibits its dealers from selling online. I found this on the Cannondale site:

Internet Sales Policy

CAUTION: Cannondale bicycles are intended to be sold only in a completely assembled and adjusted condition, by authorized Cannondale retailers at authorized locations. In fact, we feel so strongly about this we actually prohibit the sale of our bicycles through the Internet or mail order!

We do this for your safety. Taking the professional retailer out of the process increases the chance of assembly errors that could lead to an accident or injury. Proper assembly and adjustment are key aspects of maximizing safety, and Cannondale requires the retailer to completely assemble and adjust every Cannondale bicycle prior to its sale. This is particularly important with the unique and innovative features specific to many Cannondale bicycles. We also require that the retailer orient you to the particular bicycle, and to review safety equipment. Please note that your initial 30 day service visit is also very important. Beyond safety, your fit, comfort and satisfaction with the performance of the bicycle are best assured by hands-on professional service.

Finally, as authorized Cannondale retailers are not permitted to sell our bikes via the Internet or mail order, those bikes that are offered through these channels are often second hand, or compromised in some way. In addition to the risks mentioned above, purchasing a Cannondale bicycle via the internet voids all product warranties. Save yourself a headache and support your authorized Cannondale bicycle retailer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.