Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Swim Bike Run
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new Cannondale 29er 4 and wanted to get some winter specific tires. Any recommendations? I'd like tubeless ones if possible that aren't super expensive. I live in Wisconsin so the snow here is usually light and fluffy when we first get it, but then packs down nice.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Listen to the man. The Nokians are great winter tires, especially if you expect to encounter any ice. They also have pretty good knobs but as would be expected for a studded tire, they are heavy. And not cheap. Once you get packed snow cover you really don't need them and regular MTB tires will work.

·
Registered
281 Posts
x3 on the Nokians. I ride with a guy who has them set up tubeless, and when there is ice on the trail, he can rip around corners like he's on dry ground. He loves them in the mud as well, because the knobs are so sharp and deep. And apparently the studs claw right on to roots and logs.

I personally ride nearly bald rampages. The traction is terrible, but I've convinced myself that it's good practice for the muddy season that will soon come

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.