Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday 17 Trogs did an assault on the Cannell Trail and Cannell Plunge. The "A" group did the additional climb to Sherman Peak while the "B" group of UncleMTB, Impy, jrm, Bug, Crash, Bryan and I went directly down the Cannell Trail to the Plunge. No doubt many photos and ride reports will be posted by others very shortly. Those of you who missed this trip missed a spectacular day of riding! Below is a link to a video of the Cannell Trail. A Plunge video will be forthcoming soon. 36 meg, 6:30 long.

Right click to download

Yo to the 20 or so in the SoCal group we met along the way! There were some great riders in that bunch.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Nice one, Steve!

Wherewolf said:
Yesterday 17 Trogs did an assault on the Cannell Trail and Cannell Plunge. The "A" group did the additional climb to Sherman Peak while the "B" group of UncleMTB, Impy, jrm, Bug, Crash, Bryan and I went directly down the Cannell Trail to the Plunge. No doubt many photos and ride reports will be posted by others very shortly. Those of you who missed this trip missed a spectacular day of riding! Below is a link to a video of the Cannell Trail. A Plunge video will be forthcoming soon. 36 meg, 6:30
long.
Right click to download

Yo to the 20 or so in the SoCal group we met along the way! There were some great riders in that bunch.
That was HOT! I'm sorry I missed that one. Impy rang me earlier today, just raving about what a full-blown blast she had. I would have gone, but I have major home construction projects I have to make some headway on.

Dang, it looked like a monster roller coaster!

·
bonkin' clyde
831 Posts
I can't say enough (read)

Wow man! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed EVERYTHING about that video. Maybe it was the lack of audio/visual trouble, I don't know, but I could tell I'd love it form second one....Man was I underestimating it! It was like trveling as If I was there...I saw it in full screen man It was alsmot like seeign it in some IMAX theater from the helmet-cam view. [email protected]!! Then the sound quality was awesome too...heavy bass and sweet everything else. It was one of the best music soundtracks on any online video I've heard so far. Tell us who it is by (sounds familiar tho)...That voice clip of the girl saying 'you didn't think it would be tough did you?". That was tight. I'm like explaining it all bit by bit but seriously, I loved it man. Thanks so much for posting that! Dude that vid is SO a part of my archives now to be viewed on bad days to appease my cabin fever and/or make me feel better anytime I want :D ...I'm being honest when I say that among all the mtbing vids I've ever seen online before, this one was definitely among the top 5 (if not the best) in terms of audio-visual quality, beautiful scenery..no needless parts, just some really amazing mtbing in gorgeous country, among friends, with a sweet little helmet cam along to share the pleasure......

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

That's the "Kill Bill" theme. The Bride says "... you didn't think it was going to be that easy did you...". If only I were a better and faster rider you'd get a better sense of this trail. Some sections I can't do, or I have to do them so slowly they would be boring on tape. The minute I heard this music I reserved it for this trail. More coming on the next video soon.

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Wherewolf said:
That's the "Kill Bill" theme. The Bride says "... you didn't think it was going to be that easy did you...". If only I were a better and faster rider you'd get a better sense of this trail. Some sections I can't do, or I have to do them so slowly they would be boring on tape. The minute I heard this music I reserved it for this trail. More coming on the next video soon.
Wow that movie was soooooooooo awesome. I wanna come ride it. I think i need a new Blur for the the trip though. :cool:

-TS

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
To those who downloaded this

To those who downloaded this prior to Tuesday morning (6/15). I discovered my speaker plug wasn't all the way in after I made this so I wasn't getting all the tracks. The Brides voice before the fall is *way* too loud in the first version. I have corrected it so please download the revised version if you save these. Same problem with the Plunge video but I caught it before too many downloads.

·
MTBr ReMember
654 Posts
Glad I waited for it to come out on DVD...

...Steve, thanks for the DVD...

It was pretty nice to come home after that awesome ride at Annadell take a swim in the pool then sip a giant margarita while watching MTBvids on the the big screen!

Tim ( lookin' forward to Tahoe )

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Near perfect

Weather was about perfect for most of the trip. Only slightly warm as we neared the bottom. We'll be going back again so perhaps you guys may want to share a shuttle. The shuttle company took a group of about 20. They took two vans and they have an additional trailer to haul all the extra bikes. I know you had camera problems the last time. With the new setup you should get some great footage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.