Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
cut like the fog.
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Canmore Gathering managed weave it's way through the weekend and the torrential rains and very unseasonable weather and I would have to say it absolutely rocked. Much fun was had, much mud was had, and I hope/believe everyone left with some excellent memories.

I want to thank everyone for attending and braving the elements. Special thanks go out to Skogan for leading some of the rides and being the "local" info connection.

I'm currently working on photos but here is a teaser of what the gatherees were exposed to.

cheers eh,
b.

Attachments

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
A little of this and that........nothing cheap! Try to buy local, which is really hard!
888 Posts
Get those pictures going!!!!!!
I have beening meaning to get out to Alberta for a while now but need a kick........
Love riding in Kananaskis Country and area.
Looking forward to more pictures.....
:cool:

·
Believer in Darwin
274 Posts
Canmore

Hey great write up and pictures.
I was in Banff and Kananaskis country about a week and a half ago. I wasn't able to find much riding in Banff. but Kananaskis was a different story. I rode 3 trails there that were BOMB!! The spectacular view of the Rockies was a super bonus.
Where are these pix from? One of them looks like the ridgeline to one of the trails I rode, though not in Canmore.
What a great place.
Paz Afuera

·
horizontally compliant
360 Posts
here's some more pics, eh

Thanks to the hosts for putting on a great gathering in spite of the weather. I enjoyed meeting everybody & riding some terrific trails. Sorry I don't have time to write a lot tonight - maybe tomorrow I'll be able to fill in a few details...

Matt

Attachments

·
I think this is a trail..
147 Posts
Great pictures Matt!
Oh, the wallet was returned yesterday, its owner thanks you...

·
I think this is a trail..
147 Posts
Great job Bones... I think quite a few people got a good taste of what our riding is all about up here.

Sorry I missed you all sunday morning, I guess the exodus from the flood zone was swift. I was looking into getting some accomidations at the Alpine Club for anyone who hadn't had enough but the campground was deserted, except for Andre's tent.

Too bad you guys couldn't have toughed it out for one more day, Andre' (last man standing) and I rode Lake Minnewanka and Stoney Squaw today. The trails were in surprisingly good shape and we even had sun!

A few pics from mondays ride...

Attachments

·
horizontally compliant
360 Posts
skogan said:
Great pictures Matt!
Oh, the wallet was returned yesterday, its owner thanks you...
Whew! I was wondering about that today - hoping that they wouldn't find the owner floating down the river or something...

Here's another pic of our talented guide. If any of the gathering attendees want any/all of these pics full sized, let me know & I'll email them to you.

Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yeah Baby

What a fantastic time.

Only regret is that the weather was not more conducive to socializing and that once again somehow I am caught on camera walking. STIL by the way.

How freakin beautiful was that meadow between the Jumping Cox ride?

We rode epic Calgary singletrack today. Froze and laughed our asses off. Drinking red wine tonight and reminiscing about our favorite moments.

There are lots of them.

If any of you Canmore attendees are ever in the Santa Cruz area, be sure to let us know so that we can return the favor.

Sabine
p.s. Dawn says Hi and good times

·
horizontally compliant
360 Posts
Sabine said:
once again somehow I am caught on camera walking.
That's because I couldn't keep up with you when you were on your bike! Yes, STIL, slicker than it looks, and if I remember right, there were lots of big rocks at the bottom to smash you up if you lost control. I walked it without a second thought...

Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to S.C. someday - I would love to see the redwoods.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks to our hosts and other bikers!

I also had a great time, but missed saying goodbye on Sunday, as everyone had left (car horn could not even get Andre out of his tent in the rain). I only have a couple of pics, unfortunately not as good as the memories! Gordon

Attachments

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Great pics...

bones said:
The Canmore Gathering managed weave it's way through the weekend and the torrential rains and very unseasonable weather and I would have to say it absolutely rocked. Much fun was had, much mud was had, and I hope/believe everyone left with some excellent memories.

I want to thank everyone for attending and braving the elements. Special thanks go out to Skogan for leading some of the rides and being the "local" info connection.

I'm currently working on photos but here is a teaser of what the gatherees were exposed to.

cheers eh,
b.
yup very jealous.....

·
Believer in Darwin
274 Posts
Hit or Miss

Funny because I was there not long ago as I had posted earlier, yet I rode many of the same trails I see here. Jumpingpound/Cox hill, I see the ridgline pictures. That was a 2 1/2 hour ride that I will never forget. I also did the Powderface Ridgeline Trail, as well as the Big and Little Elbow trails. I camped out at Little Elbow campground.
I was able to see some of the TransRockies Race which finished in Canmore. Did anyone see the finish? I threw a guy a tube who was broken down in the middle of nowhere.
Paz Afuera

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm not surprised...

skogan said:
Andre' (last man standing) and I rode Lake Minnewanka and Stoney Squaw today. The trails were in surprisingly good shape and we even had sun!

A few pics from mondays ride...
They make them tough in the eastern part of the country... or is it the french thing hmm...

Thanks for the pics everyone. Keep them coming.

Annie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great pics! I'm sorry I couldn't make it. What did you guys end up doing on Sunday/Monday? If the weather was a little more favourable, I would have been down for both days but unfortunately, I couldn't justify driving for 600 kms to ride in the rain.

Anymore Canmore rides planned for the next couple of weeks?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts