Discussion Starter #1
take all your parts off The One and put them on the Balance

or

Build the bike 27.5

Attachments

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Absolutely LOVED my Balance. Sold it to a friend and he rode the hell out of for another 4 years before passing it on to yet another friend. Such a solid bike....

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Wayne.jpeg

... just as soon as I can get a place with a garage.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I guess it's build as a 27.5 for me... Not pulling my ONE apart!! I am greedy... I want as many Canfields I can build up. I have all my parts either here or will be here with the frame for the build. Going nuts looking at the pile everyday, want to get building.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Oh I got the "idea"
the ONE- got it
Jedi- got it
Nimble 9- got it
Balance- On its way- oh yea
Yelli- will be paid for in a few days
Dirt Jumper- still debating --- waiting for the SS/FS short travel from the Bros!!!!(hoping)

Wife- Nimble 9- got it
Daughter- Yelli- got it

·
Registered
966 Posts
Oh I got the "idea"
the ONE- got it
Jedi- got it
Nimble 9- got it
Balance- On its way- oh yea
Yelli- will be paid for in a few days
Dirt Jumper- still debating --- waiting for the SS/FS short travel from the Bros!!!!(hoping)
Wife- Nimble 9- got it
Daughter- Yelli- got it
Now that is what I call a quiver. But you still need a DJ though.

·
Registered
358 Posts
HAH, Yea this bike is pretty freakin' amazing and versatile! It is really possible to have two different beast's with this bike depending on the build. The ability to run both wheel sizes (26/27.5) gives the end user a lot options. Thing climbs like a N9, And gives you the mini-dh bike giggle on the downs!

Couple more weeks....

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Besides the wheels what upgrades does it have over The One?
THE ONE FEATURES

7005 Aluminum
Ÿ“ONE” suspension
Ÿ7“- 8” vertical travel
ŸInternally ribbed chainstays
142x12mm (135x12mm with supplied spacers)
Ÿ1.5” Headtube
Direct mount front derailleur compatible
Ÿ20mm max bearings
Replaceable rear derailleur hanger

BALANCE FEATURES
6061 aluminum
Patent pending Canfield Balance Formula Suspension
Ÿ27.5”/26” compatible
Ÿ160mm travel
Ÿ200mm x 57mm Cane Creek Double Barrel Air CS included
Ÿ142 x 12mm Maxle rear axle
ŸTapered headtube
15mm pivot bearings
ŸReplaceable rear derailleur hanger
Anodized and Brushed frame options
ŸAvailable in Small, Medium, Large and X-Large

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Besides the wheels what upgrades does it have over The One?
From The One, we were able to shorten the chainstays from 17.5" to 16.75" on the Balance. This allows the Balance to be more nimble and MUCH snappier through corners. The rear of the bike is also much stiffer, again, adding to the cornering ability of the Balance.

Our new CBF, (Canfield Balance Formula) is also the evolution of our The One suspension. For those that have ridden the One and were shocked how well the bike pedaled for an 8" bike, wait to you see what a few tweaks and a 160mm platform will bring you.

All and all I find the Balance just as capable as The One, with added cornering and nimbleness. I have been riding mine at Whistler a bunch over the past month and have been shocked with what I have been able to get away on a 160mm bike. (For those of you that know me, I am typically a wuss when I am not on my on Jedi).

We have our promo edit just about ready to launch for the Balance. PNW ripper Trevor Parsons helped us out with the edit to really showcase the bikes capabilities. We are planning on releasing the edit the week frames hit the warehouse, which should be about two weeks away.

Cheers!

·
> /dev/null 2&>1
3,823 Posts
I'm surprised they held this at 160mm, that doesn't seem to match 'the one' for legendary travel plus pedal ability.

I've never ridden a one or a balance so not for me to judge.

But, for comparison, Pivot firebird 27.5 is 167mm.

·
bike rider
5,501 Posts
So Firebird and Balance are the competitors to the Nomad and SB6? I like that there's a couple aluminum players in the same catagory.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts