Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

161 - 180 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
any idea if the new yelli screamy can fit a 38t or 40t 1x NW ring?

by 'fit' i mean no additional spindle spacers, ie just the 'by the book' installation of using a 1 bb DS spacer.

reason why i'm asking is that (haters may hate me), but imo the only reasonable reason to use a huge cassette (ie 10-50 sram eagle) is to have a large 1x ring.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Haha. Just had to respond. I saw the new 12 speed cassette. I wouldn't buy it. The 11 speed I have now drives me nuts with the huge jumps between gears. It's disconcerting. I'd use 12 gears to get smoother jumps and give up some range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
976 Posts
Haha. Just had to respond. I saw the new 12 speed cassette. I wouldn't buy it. The 11 speed I have now drives me nuts with the huge jumps between gears. It's disconcerting. I'd use 12 gears to get smoother jumps and give up some range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
good point. regardless, will the new YS fit a 38t NW perhaps even a 40t NW?

·
West Chester, PA
4,930 Posts
any idea if the new yelli screamy can fit a 38t or 40t 1x NW ring?

by 'fit' i mean no additional spindle spacers, ie just the 'by the book' installation of using a 1 bb DS spacer.

reason why i'm asking is that (haters may hate me), but imo the only reasonable reason to use a huge cassette (ie 10-50 sram eagle) is to have a large 1x ring.
I asked the same question in one of the threads in the drivetrain forum. How many bikes are out there that can fit a ring bigger than 32 while having a reasonable chain line to that 50t?

·
Registered
64 Posts

Recent updates to the Yelli.
Race face turbine dropper
50 mm stem
Bumped fork to 120 (last September)

Still enjoying the **** out of this bike.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
29x2.5's

I have a borrowed 15 Yelli to play with for a few days and did some test fitting with my wheels. There is good clearance for 29 x 2.5 Maxxis DHF's on 39mm ID rims.

Trying the 29" wide rims with 2.5 DHF rubber vs. 27.5+ (45mm id front and 35.mm id rear rims with 2.8 Nobby Nics) was interesting. For me, I like how the 29 x 2.5 performs over the 27.5+ on PNW dirt. The 27.5+ feels slower and does not react to steering input as well. I can still run the 29 pressures fairly low, and that helps with ride quality.

clearance pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have a borrowed 15 Yelli to play with for a few days and did some test fitting with my wheels. There is good clearance for 29 x 2.5 Maxxis DHF's on 39mm ID rims.

Trying the 29" wide rims with 2.5 DHF rubber vs. 27.5+ (45mm id front and 35.mm id rear rims with 2.8 Nobby Nics) was interesting. For me, I like how the 29 x 2.5 performs over the 27.5+ on PNW dirt. The 27.5+ feels slower and does not react to steering input as well. I can still run the 29 pressures fairly low, and that helps with ride quality.

clearance pictures:
What's the largest 1x NW ring that will fit?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
What's the largest 1x NW ring that will fit?
This bike is set up with a 34t RF on SLX cranks. Single 2.5 BB spacer on drive side with XTR BB. Plenty of clearance to the chain stay and good chain line. If it were mine it would have a 32t with an 11-40 cassette.

·
WNC Native
3,885 Posts
Hrmm, I don't see the Yelli on the main page anymore........

·
n00b
273 Posts
Finally got my Yelli trail worthy!
Only took me 11 months and some change.
Still need more stuff. (saddle, cranks, rear wheel, tires, rear brake and rotor, dropper)
Super quick ride yesterday, trails were garbage. Love the nimbleness and how easy it is to get the front end up.
Can't wait to really get it out there

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
So the focus is on FS rigs then?
I don't have any more info than anyone else. Just had a Yelli in the cart ready to go and emailed them first- didn't want to buy a closeout if a 2017 was coming out.

I'd assume too much overlap with EPO and I bet the EPO is selling more because it's carbon.

·
n00b
273 Posts
http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/yelli-screamysaying-goodbye-to-the-29er-that-changed-the-industry

It’s with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to an old friend. The Canfield Brothers Yelli Screamy was the first 29er in our lineup, and featuring our unique take on a short rear-end and slack and low geo, it changed the industry’s perception of how a bike with big wheels could ride—it was fast and it was fun!

In 2011 the Yelli was the first production 29er with sub-17-inch chainstays and a relaxed 67-degree head-tube angle. It begged to be ridden hard and inspired countless imitations. Why? Because we build the bikes that we want to ride.

That philosophy is the corner stone of every bike we design, regardless of wheel size, and the Riot, Nimble 9 and EPO will carry on the 29er legacy in our line.

Want to own a piece of mountain bike history before it’s too late?

Sent from my R2 unit

161 - 180 of 203 Posts