Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

201 - 203 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thinking about finding a plus wheelset and tires and trying it on my Yelli. Anyone else tried the same?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yep the 27.5 plus tires make it even more playful and cushy ride. Highly recommend. The only downside IMO is a little more bounce out of the rear on roots. This might could be mitigated by air pressure, I just haven’t played with it enough.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thinking about finding a plus wheelset and tires and trying it on my Yelli. Anyone else tried the same?
I've only had mine with 27.5x2.5 WTB Breakouts on it (mounted on WTB Asym i29 rims). So not a true B+ tire. I have a set of WTB Trailblazer 2.8 tires I haven't tried yet. Not sure I even want to, they aren't really 2.8, and a smaller tread than the Breakouts. I'd like to see if I could fit a Rekon+ or Ikon+. I have a 2012 frame, and the rear spacing looks damn tight for a true 2.8. May also be pretty tight in my fork (2012 Revelation).

Had a Riot for this past summer, the few times I rode the YS I was very noticeable how much the rear bounced around. I'm not the best rider, so there's that. Don't recall offhand what tire pressure.

Been tempted to either reuse my i9 hubs for a set of 29" wheels, or find 29" wheels for this spacing. Not the easiest at 10x135 rear and a stupid 20x110 non boost fork. I actually have my wheels for sale. Hubs have 12x142 rear and 15mm front end caps.

201 - 203 of 203 Posts