Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

181 - 200 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yesterday I demoed (parking lot) a Large Yelli that had a 120mm fork and a short 40mm stem. Wow, I have never rode anything like it, there is something very special about the bike with how it rides. I'm 5'8 with a 30" inseam and long torso. The large felt really good with the short stem. Am I crazy to consider the large or should I go with a medium and run a 60mm stem? If I go large I worry that a short stem will make it not climb well as I want a XCish bike for slaying climbs and downs.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Jpo1 - I’m same size as you and have a med,140 fork,60mm stem and 720 bars. My call is more climbing go my way more downs the large. Frickin love my bike!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
It’s a tough call. Wish I could do a real demo, but that is not going to happen. Most likely the size I get is what I end up finding since they no longer sell/make the frame.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I should add that riding a medium honzo felt spot on. It has a longer reach and effective top tube than a large yelli. The honzo does have a much steeper seat tube angle though. Can anyone compare the two?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Is the Yelli Screamy market dead? I have one I cant sell but maybe its because it has 27.5+ tires or maybe its because its an XL?

181 - 200 of 203 Posts