Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have some good riding experience on the Balance. I am looking at this for an all around frame (trails, FR, jump) and would appreciate any feedback on the bike. I am looking at the Uzzi and VP Free as well.
 

·
Hisforever
Joined
·
1,860 Posts
jimi1114 said:
Anyone have some good riding experience on the Balance. I am looking at this for an all around frame (trails, FR, jump) and would appreciate any feedback on the bike. I am looking at the Uzzi and VP Free as well.
I thought it was a sweet bike when I saw it. I think its typical of teh Canfield bikes once you ride it you either love it or hate it. My bro just picked up an F1 dh rig. its just built up and bada$$. he should be killing it like WCH.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
It's a little shorter travel and probably stronger than the other 2 bikes you mentioned, so it may work better for DJ and trails.

Shabeeb is right about the feel though. The linkage is a little more radical than other VPP bikes i've ridden, a little more rearward initially. More feedback in the granny. If you were to set it up with a 36 or 38 it probably would not be noticeable. This gives the bike the Canfield rock eating feel though.

You sure wouldn't see anyone else at the trails on one!

Props for them for still using Cr Mo mainframe tubing. Can't hurt steel!

Good luck destroying the huge 20mm bearings at every pivot. Big plus compared to the other VPP's or any other bike for that matter.

Krispy
 

·
rollin
Joined
·
2,646 Posts
It's a little shorter travel and probably stronger than the other 2 bikes you mentioned, so it may work better for DJ and trails.
yah, i'm interested in the balance as well. that thing looks sick.

what's the official weight of the canfield balance frame?
 

·
East Coast Style
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
join the club on wanting one of these frames haha. Ive heard enough about em, im set on it. people say great things about the linkage, so i cant wait to get my hands on one come the end of december when ive got enuff cash :thumbsup:
 

·
Canfield Bikes
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
sriracha said:
yah, i'm interested in the balance as well. that thing looks sick.

what's the official weight of the canfield balance frame?
The new all aluminum Balance frame and DHX 5.0 weigh in at 10.25 lbs.
The cromo Balance with the same shock is 11.5 lbs.
You can get a DHX 5.0 air for an additional $50 and shave around a pound.
Both the aluminum and the cromo version are in stock and available now. The Balance frame and 5.0 coil shock go for $1799, either version.

My personal bike (the 7005 alloy blue one in the pic) is 31lbs but I don't think you could get under 30 very easy. The black one is steel, as shown 38 lbs.
 

Attachments

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
42,998 Posts
flymybike said:
The new all aluminum Balance frame and DHX 5.0 weigh in at 10.25 lbs.
The cromo Balance with the same shock is 11.5 lbs.
You can get a DHX 5.0 air for an additional $50 and shave around a pound.
Both the aluminum and the cromo version are in stock and available now. The Balance frame and 5.0 coil shock go for $1799, either version.

My personal bike (the 7005 alloy blue one in the pic) is 31lbs but I don't think you could get under 30 very easy. The black one is steel, as shown 38 lbs.
31 is real nice....man I want one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,207 Posts
jimi1114 said:
Anyone have some good riding experience on the Balance. I am looking at this for an all around frame (trails, FR, jump) and would appreciate any feedback on the bike. I am looking at the Uzzi and VP Free as well.
This is how flymybike described the Balance in another thread: "Balance - Slopestyle, dirt jump, slower to mid speed riding, more tight and tech trails because of the tight chainstays and minimal rearward (16.25 - 16.75)"
 

·
East Coast Style
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
flymybike what colors can you get the frame in? is it possible to get a diff color for an extra fee?
 

·
Yay! Bikes !
Joined
·
1,761 Posts


I have to ask ... your "balance" logos strike me a unusual. It includes an obvious street gang symbols. (the crown and pitchfork on the "N"). not small potato gangs either. these symbols will be found in most major urban areas in the USA, though maybe not in GJ.

Since I have a hard time believing you two are gang bangers, what if any significance does those hold in your logo, and were you aware of them at all?

I'm not knocking your beautiful frames.I just want to know. Thanks.
 

·
East Coast Style
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
sweet. ill probly dish otu the extra cash to get it in a lime green. Thanks again:thumbsup:
 

·
Canfield Bikes
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
Nick. said:


I have to ask ... your "balance" logos strike me a unusual. It includes an obvious street gang symbols. (the crown and pitchfork on the "N"). not small potato gangs either. these symbols will be found in most major urban areas in the USA, though maybe not in GJ.

Since I have a hard time believing you two are gang bangers, what if any significance does those hold in your logo, and were you aware of them at all?

I'm not knocking your beautiful frames.I just want to know. Thanks.
It's oneeightseven font. Only the "E" is modified to have the arrow point down. We certainly aren't gangster types, we just like the font. Really nothing more than that. Do tell, what is the significance of the "crown and pitchfork on the "N""? Now I'm curious, dam. The Lucky uses the same font.
 

·
Canfield Bikes
Joined
·
1,140 Posts
Reptile said:
Any plans to offer an anodized version?
Actually yes, the Lucky frames are built and being sent out next week for XTR grey hard anodize (actually called xtr) and some special details that your just going to have to see. So trick!! I guarantee someone is going to knock of this idea! I'd love to here what you guys think when we get them back.
 

·
East Coast Style
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
flymybike said:
Actually yes, the Lucky frames are built and being sent out next week for XTR grey hard anodize (actually called xtr) and some special details that your just going to have to see. So trick!! I guarantee someone is going to knock of this idea! I'd love to here what you guys think when we get them back.
Maybe Ill order that model instead heheh. post up a few pics of it when you get it back?
 

·
East Coast Style
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
paintballeerXC said:
u got a 303 and now a canfield, :eekster: :eek:
yeah, ive been working pretty hard at my job and its paying off. got me a raise and since its a bike shop I can order stuff at cost. So its not as much as it used to be for me haha.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top