Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a little Frankenstein of me but what the heck.

I laced up a microdrive and 9t a little back for my One (9/36) as a park bike. Loved it. I moved on to a Jedi this year for DH but still love the One and was curious about changing the gearing even more than 9t.

Ordered the 40t from Oneup, removed the 22t on my cassette for spacing (17 was not an option). and wrenched it all together with a medium sram rear derailleur.

Wow. Works great so far and has a massive range. A bit of a jump without the 22 BUT not noticeable AT ALL after a few rides. For the record I am running it 1x10, Bling 28t, 9/40t and KMC chain.

Just a little insight if anyone is looking to play around.

Cheers!

40t.jpg

·
Registered
455 Posts
do you think that you could do a 9-40t cassette with a short cage derailleur?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you think that you could do a 9-40t cassette with a short cage derailleur?
I originally tried it with a short cage. It seemed to be just a little too tight on the 40t no matter where the B screw was. The chain I had on at the time was also a few links short so that might have been an issue also.

One up recommends a medium cage. It was worth it. :)

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Sweet!! Great innovation. Great job. Thanks for sharing. I pieced together a 9-38 10 speed combo and am really liking it.

I might look into 9-40 combo next to essentially get the same gear inches with my 27.5 as I have with my 26".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts