Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
adens13 said:
i am upgrading my rear shock. which is a better all mountain shock, the cane creek cloud 9, fox float/vanilla, or manitou swinger 3-way? all in 6.5" i2i. thanks
You'll want to add your weight, bike and riding style if you want any educated answers.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
I'm a fan of Cane Creek's shocks, but it's got to be for the proper application.

The AD-12 and Cloud Nine both use relatively unsophisticated air damping. This makes them a little more inconsistant in their damping performance, and precludes any sort of advanced platform damping or even a proper lockout.

If you've got a shorter travel bike, or a bike which doesn't depend on a platform shock for good pedaling performance (dw-link bikes, and to some extent Horst link designs), then the benefits of at-home servicability and a good range of adjustments may be what you're looking for.

If you want to read more about the inner-workings of the Cane Creek shocks, check out this link: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=130058

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.