Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I see that the eeWings All-Road cranks have a narrower Q-factor vs the eeWings mountain, and is designed for BSA68 rather than BSA73.

Does this mean that if I have an older mtb frame with 68mm BB shell, I should use the All-Road cranks rather than the mountain?
No, that will mess with your chainline and chain/tire clearance. You should use spacers between the BB cups and the frame to space the bearings out to BSA73 width.

·
Registered
584 Posts
No, that will mess with your chainline and chain/tire clearance. You should use spacers between the BB cups and the frame to space the bearings out to BSA73 width.
Thanks. I did consider this point, but then again my frame does not have boost spacing, so the chain line might not be incorrect. I’ll go through the tech drawings to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Are we sure that it was fixed to begin with? In my case, the gold part rests up against the inside crank and the black portion rotated towards the bottom bracket.

See below. Super glue not needed on eewings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was unable to tighten the preload with the threads loose, as they just spun as one unit never tightening the preload.

I superglued the threads back in place and in time CC responded to my email and just told me to use green lock-tite to glue it back in place. Next time it comes loose I'll try the threadlocker but for now the superglue is holding well.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Was unable to tighten the preload with the threads loose, as they just spun as one unit never tightening the preload.

I superglued the threads back in place and in time CC responded to my email and just told me to use green lock-tite to glue it back in place. Next time it comes loose I'll try the threadlocker but for now the superglue is holding well.
Hold on, are the threads glued on from the factory, or how are they fastened?

121 - 126 of 126 Posts