Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running a Cane Creek Double Barrel on an M3. Cane Creek says it is fine, Intense says not sure and dealers don't have expereince with it to say yes or no. Not sure it will fit and if it does can it be easily adjusted? Anyone with any expereince?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
if cane creek says its not biggie .. then it shouldn't be an issue. I'd suspect.
I was looking at the rear end .. and it looks like it'd work fine.. i suppose if they make an eye to eye that fits you'll be good.

update us on what you find out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I imagine if CC says it's OK, it's because they've either put one on an actual bike w/o a spring and tested it, or done the collision detection with a model of the m3 from intense and their model of the damper.

We just got 4 of the double barrel shocks for use on a small race car, and I already want one from my m3 after just holding it. M3 + db + ti would be stupidly smooth.

·
Am not, had mine removed.
230 Posts
I'll check.....

If you email me in the AM any day and remind me, I'll check it and give you the "NUT KICK GUARANTEE" one way or the other. My guess is yes.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pin-it said:
This might help, took these last night and it looks like the db is a go for the m3.
Nice... thanks for the pictures. It appears as though it will be OK. Looking at the pictures it looks as though all the controls on the shock will be accessible once mounted. Have you had the opportunity to mount it and determine if you could get to the controls?

·
-> SickLines.com <-
3,196 Posts
jimi1114 said:
Nice... thanks for the pictures. It appears as though it will be OK. Looking at the pictures it looks as though all the controls on the shock will be accessible once mounted. Have you had the opportunity to mount it and determine if you could get to the controls?
The shock is from another project he said and that looks too small eye to eye. He just put it in the picture so you could see if it would fit. It looks like you might have problems adjusting it once its on there if that linkage is in the way of getting a tool (screwdriver & socket) in there.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Correct, that's the 7.5 i2i, however the top part of the resi should be the same for all versions.

The resi barrel might be longer on the longer versions, but considering how long the dhx5 piggyback is, I wouldn't be worried about that. The piggyback will move closer to that link and the link will rotate towards the shock, but just eyeballing it I expect it will work.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FCLINDER said:
Call Cane Creek and ask for Malcom. He will be able to give you the best info on it working or not.
I talked to Malcolm of Cane Creek yesterday and he told me they have installed the CCDB on 8-10 M3s. No problem according to him. I asked about adjustments and he said you can get a tool in to make adjustments. It sounded like it will be a bit tight but that is OK as long as I can make an adjustment once in a while. Malcolm also indicated that most people don't even make adjustments from the factory setting. He knows this from what they have found when people send in the shock for maintenance. Some may have a turn or two in the rebound side but most are just "stock" settings. Anyways, if Cane Creek is good with it I am willing to give it a shot. As soon as I get it I will post some pictures.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
If there are any doubts Cane creek will not sell it.
I have taken a few orders from customers and cane creek said no way, even though the stroke and eye to eye were the same.
Examples: Giant Glory

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
boogenman said:
I have taken a few orders from customers and cane creek said no way, even though the stroke and eye to eye were the same.
That's good to know because a large, British Racing Green, M3 with the CCDB is on the way. I will post some pictures when I get it. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
548 Posts
boogenman said:
I have seen a DB on a Glory..... The owner said it works great....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.