Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have used a screwdriver to take off my crown race in the past with no problems. today however, i went to pop the race of my fork but ruined the rubber seal it has attached to it. the headset is a cane creek IS. i have never seen a race with a gasket before.

Is it necessary to have the seal? the actual race is intact. should i just ride it the way it is or get a new race?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
alxbrsk said:
i have used a screwdriver to take off my crown race in the past with no problems. today however, i went to pop the race of my fork but ruined the rubber seal it has attached to it. the headset is a cane creek IS. i have never seen a race with a gasket before.

Is it necessary to have the seal? the actual race is intact. should i just ride it the way it is or get a new race?
you can ride it, but if you want it to be well sealed against the elements (and those lower bearings or race are always the one to go), I'd give canecreek a ring and have 'em send you a new one. get their contact info from the website, they've got great customer service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.