Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we all love the idea of a the angleset, it was limited to full 1 1/8" steerer forks...until April that is. Now all the tapered 1.5- 1 1/8" forks can share in the lovin! If they configure it the same way (up to +/-1.5 degrees) with an external lower cup adding 14mm of stack height , we should be getting closer to 2 degrees of change IMHO.

from Gary Maltby
to
date Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 1:18 PM
subject RE: Angle Set for Tapered Steerer

Yup, it's in the works! Should be available sometime in April.

Gary Maltby

Cane Creek Cycling Components

800-234-2725

From:
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 1:38 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Angle Set for Tapered Steerer

Any idea when an Angleset headset will be available for the 1.5 - 1/ 1/8" tapered steerer forks for the full 1.5" headtube? Rumors have it that one is in the works. Thanks.
 

·
Homer's problem child
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
Anyone know if CC has plans to make an angle set for tapered forks to fit tapered head tubes as well? I have a Mojo HD with a tapered head tube and would like to run an angle set with my tapered fork.

Thanks in advance,
B
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,656 Posts
Bortis Yelltzen said:
Anyone know if CC has plans to make an angle set for tapered forks to fit tapered head tubes as well? I have a Mojo HD with a tapered head tube and would like to run an angle set with my tapered fork.

Thanks in advance,
B
Jeeze I hope not. I just wish tapered anything would go away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,656 Posts
b-kul said:
As a clyde, I really appreciated the onepointfive system and all the stiffness it offers. Now it's not even available on the fork I want it on the most - the Float 180. With a single crown fork, there is a difference I can definately feel. Yeah I know motorcycles have small steers but they aren't single crown.
 

·
Elitest thrill junkie
Joined
·
37,970 Posts
gticlay said:
As a clyde, I really appreciated the onepointfive system and all the stiffness it offers. Now it's not even available on the fork I want it on the most - the Float 180. With a single crown fork, there is a difference I can definately feel. Yeah I know motorcycles have small steers but they aren't single crown.
The crown-steerer interface is where the flex happens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,656 Posts
Jayem said:
The crown-steerer interface is where the flex happens.
Yes, yes it is "expecially" concentrated there when you don't have double triple clamps. It also happens at the stem/steer interface :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bortis Yelltzen said:
Anyone know if CC has plans to make an angle set for tapered forks to fit tapered head tubes as well? I have a Mojo HD with a tapered head tube and would like to run an angle set with my tapered fork.

Thanks in advance,
B
I'm sure they will, as it would use the already in production top cup for tapered headtubes...what was missing was the lower cup for the 1.5" headtube/steerer tube combo. You can/will be able to buy the parts as separates as well to make whatever you need.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
b-kul said:
yes? ... not sure. if it is where the hell is the zs 44/44?
truf... at least put up a placeholder of one and state "coming soon" if it is legit. I like canecreek stuff, so I hope the 44/44 angleset is true.
 

·
meow meow
Joined
·
10,622 Posts
Terminator Z said:
New decline magazine has an article showing the 44/44 angleset on a 5 spot.
link/ pics? i actually want to see this, right now it is in the same catagory as bigfoot and aliens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Sorry, no pics. I too am eager to get my hands on one of these, and am in desperate search of some real concrete info with pricing! You might need to cruise down to Barns and Noble and just check it out.

The article shows different configurations on different head tubes. The 44/44 is on a 5 Spot. The article even has a chart that tells what upper and lower assemblies to use. This one uses the ZS44/28.6 for the upper and a EC44/30 for the lower. The offset is in the lower external headset cup.

So I'm wondering if the added stack height is incorporated to achieve the 1 degree change? If not, it will add to the angle offset making it even slacker!
 

·
meow meow
Joined
·
10,622 Posts
Terminator Z said:
Sorry, no pics. I too am eager to get my hands on one of these, and am in desperate search of some real concrete info with pricing! You might need to cruise down to Barns and Noble and just check it out.

The article shows different configurations on different head tubes. The 44/44 is on a 5 Spot. The article even has a chart that tells what upper and lower assemblies to use. This one uses the ZS44/28.6 for the upper and a EC44/30 for the lower. The offset is in the lower external headset cup.

So I'm wondering if the added stack height is incorporated to achieve the 1 degree change? If not, it will add to the angle offset making it even slacker!
the april issue? i'll just download it my computer. but im very excited to get one and get some more modern geo on my bike!
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top