Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Powered by Pulvoron
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
after several attemps and new bushing install to cure the bushing play, i am replacing my RS SID rear to a Cane Creek AD12. What is the recommended install for it. I have seen it installed upside down and off course opposite. pics please. i have seen red rockers cloud nine installed upside down is that the CC recommendation ?

thanks all

dirt diggler

·
Upgrade Addict
240 Posts
I've got the Cloud Nine...

And it is installed "upside down" compared to the SID. That is the way it will come to you. It puts the compression and rebound controls up top where they are easily reached. The way the busings are installed, there is only one way to put it on. I'll post some pics later...

·
Powered by Pulvoron
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks John for the install info.

Wow what a difference. big volume shock. i weigh in at 170lbs, so shock pressure is set at 180psi. AD12 performs what it claims. plush and instant damping. i was a skeptic, but i bought the ad12 cheap off a guy parting out his Gary Fisher Sugar. I contacted Cane Creek and ordered a bushing kit to fit my 03 nrs2, which is made to order.
I till have to play with the rebound and damping screw.
My RS SID was removed due to constant premature bushing play and poor customer service. In fact the replacement SID upper eyelet bushing consisted of stainless steel billet which added more weight to the bike. The new SID upper bushing lasted, but the lower started to wear. Also the Sid started to make this "wheezing" sound when i would bunnyhop.

Cane creek is much improvemnt in ride, weight and peace of mind.

Dirt diggler

·
Upgrade Addict
240 Posts
I didn't do much shopping around...

Actually, I made my decision based on a good feedback I read here about people making the switch. I didn't like the small bump compliance of the SID and heard that the CC would be better. It is. I noticed a difference right away. The only beef I have with the CC is that my compression knob came off on the trail somewhere. I am sure I could call and warranty it but I use air pressure and not the compression knob anyway. I do run the rebound about halfway. I am 185 lbs and run the shock around 195 psi. This works best for me. Another factor was the trade in program that CC was running. Basically if you buy direct from them and send in your old shock they give you the shock for $100 off. I think it was like $275 total. I never sent in the old shock, either. They don't care. They told me on the phone you could send in ANY shock. That clued me in that they probably don't give a sh**.

Enjoy the new shock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.