Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9 year old Chris King has developed some play in the bearing....

So i wondered, shoul i try something new like the 110 ???

But can i service the bearing myself, is they just as nice as king?

I run a ventana 7 mm high baseplate that i use on my pike fork(because the geomtry gets better for like), will that fit the 110??

Thanxxxxxxxxxx

G

·
don't think the baseplates are interchangeable...

Are you sure it's your bearings and not just the rubber o-ring in the compression cap? Once those o-rings wear out the King headsets develop some play. Call King and they will probably send you one for free. Might as well try it before you drop the coin on a 110.

·
Single Speed Junkie
3,116 Posts
Two very nice headsets.

The king is nice when new , but the o-ring design leaves much to be desired for the long haul.

The 110 is a good design and never really gave CC the credit they deserve until I installed a 110 for my self. Headset is smoother than a king and think that it will go the distance.

If I had to chose I would get the 110.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
indigosky said:
don't think the baseplates are interchangeable...

Are you sure it's your bearings and not just the rubber o-ring in the compression cap? Once those o-rings wear out the King headsets develop some play. Call King and they will probably send you one for free. Might as well try it before you drop the coin on a 110.
Very good point, i can lend that part from a friend, will try it out.
Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.