Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
As always I rely on your collective wisdom, even if I rarely post. But I wanted to ask if any
one is using the above combination of Candy SL pedals and Sidi Dominator shoes (or
other Sidi shoes with the same sole pattern). I am looking to replace the pedals I currently
have on my road bike (Time ATAC XS) which are getting old and chipped with something
sleeker and lighter (yes, you read correctly, I am using mountain shoes and mountain
pedals on my road bike, but I also on my single speed Bianchi DISS).

So any feedback in terms of fit, clipping in/out and general durability will be greatly
appreciated.

Kind regards,
Dimitri

· Mtbr Founder
35,745 Posts
Blue Crown Jewel said:
Folks,
As always I rely on your collective wisdom, even if I rarely post. But I wanted to ask if any
one is using the above combination of Candy SL pedals and Sidi Dominator shoes (or
other Sidi shoes with the same sole pattern). I am looking to replace the pedals I currently
have on my road bike (Time ATAC XS) which are getting old and chipped with something
sleeker and lighter (yes, you read correctly, I am using mountain shoes and mountain
pedals on my road bike, but I also on my single speed Bianchi DISS).

So any feedback in terms of fit, clipping in/out and general durability will be greatly
appreciated.

Kind regards,
Dimitri
I have a brand new set of Candy SLs and Sidi Dominators and Sidi Dragons. The dominators click in fine. The dragons, I had to put the cleat shims included with the pedals. With the shims, they click in nicely.

francois

· I can't ride 45!
1,157 Posts
I am running eggbeaters on the roadie and candies on the mtb and I wear my sidi dominators on both. I found that I had trouble engaging my new sidis and new candies without the shim. With the shim all works great.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, they are about three years old now (so maybe they are not the XS model).
But they are the ones with the big plastic platform. So maybe I am interested in the
Candies for their sleek looks. Nevertheless, given how well the ATACs work with the
Actions and Dominators, I did not want to take any chances.

Kind regards,
Dimitri

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.