Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Elitest thrill junkie
36,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone wants to throw some more in, feel free. I have more than these, but I don't have em all processed.

It was tons of fun, great trails (great work guys) with good challenge and features. It's a long LONG ways away from here, but I hope to go back someday. Absolutely beautiful country out there, and really good for the DH scene.

Attachments

·
Elitest thrill junkie
36,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more;

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
Well put! it was really nice and almost sureal up there! As for the pics and vids lets get em up I am sure everyone wants to see them along with the crash vids:eek:

Short Bus nice hanging with you and I would like to see what pics you took, I know you have some nice scenic shots/pics off the back of the shuttle.

This Race/Gathering is only the begining!

And for those who attended I am sure we can all agree we all owe a huge thanks to the guys that made this possible and were willing to think outside the box along with CACTUS BIKES!!!

G

·
Unbelievable weekend! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! to everyone who came out and help make the "1st Annual Candy Mountain Bike Orgy" a huge success!

The course's were prime, everything basically went off without a hitch with the exception of some slow starting shuttles for the practice runs and we had a HUGE group of awesome people and riders!

I think just about everyone who put a bike between their legs this weekend also got some 1 on 1 time getting to know the dirt. There were several spectacular crashes but thankfully everyone walked away with little more that scrapes, bruises and seconds added to the stopwatch.

Again, big props to Steve-O and Joey for the vision behind this place and all the dirt ninjas who gave their time over the summer to come pick up a shovel and build a place that the AZ gravity scene can be proud of.:thumbsup:

I have about 100 "good" photos that I am getting together. I'll post some highlights here and the rest over on azfreeride.com when they are cleaned up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't have any pics, just a huge THANKS. I had a great time and it was great meeting all the rippers. Hope to hook up for more rides in the near future. Thanks again.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
36,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More.

Attachments

·
Elitest thrill junkie
36,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Candy Mountain looks like a great place to ride, but I am curious, how did you manage to get permission to build on government land? Based on my experiences of being a small business owner I know how hard it is to get permits and get the go ahead to build to their standards.

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
slayer06 said:
Candy Mountain looks like a great place to ride, but I am curious, how did you manage to get permission to build on government land? Based on my experiences of being a small business owner I know how hard it is to get permits and get the go ahead to build to their standards.

Please don't make this thread about the right and wrongs of building trails on goverment land!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's just let natural selection take it's course and let's just be happy that AZ has a supportive sene in regards to the DH folks out there. There are soooooooooooo many trails out there with in the country let alone here in AZ that are not sanctioned trails!!! If it don't hurt no one then let it be man.......just let it be!!!!!!!!

For the record THANKS to Cactus Bikes especially Steve-o and Mr. Joey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for making this happen!!!:D

G

·
slayer06 said:
Most of the trails were already there as old fall lines and service roads from the 50's. Other than that, land managers were contacted, rangers for the particular mountain are aware of the goings on and its basically in an area where they don't really care if people are mountain biking since 99% of the other vehicles tearing around are quads and those stupid 4x4 "utility vehicles" that everyone seems to have. Most of the time the rangers only comments are "You're going to ride a bike down that?"

G

·
doodooboi said:
Please don't make this thread about the right and wrongs of building trails on goverment land!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's just let natural selection take it's course and let's just be happy that AZ has a supportive sene in regards to the DH folks out there. There are soooooooooooo many trails out there with in the country let alone here in AZ that are not sanctioned trails!!! If it don't hurt no one then let it be man.......just let it be!!!!!!!!

For the record THANKS to Cactus Bikes especially Steve-o and Mr. Joey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for making this happen!!!:D

Amen brother!

Look at you all pinned out... BRAP!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
ruckus222 said:
I don't have any pics, just a huge THANKS. I had a great time and it was great meeting all the rippers. Hope to hook up for more rides in the near future. Thanks again.
How did you make out ruckus? did you smoke the "A" line. Had things to do so couldn't make it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
north shore

I just got back from vancouver and was able to ride the north shore. Freakin Awesome!!! For those who have been lucky enough to ride up there know how fun it is.
I've never rode candy mountain, don't even know where it is, but it looks like it has potential to be our own local north shore. If anyone needs help building up there PM me. I'm stoked about the potential to create our own slice of the north shore in our backyard. Seriously the north shore is awesome!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
helimech said:
How did you make out ruckus? did you smoke the "A" line. Had things to do so couldn't make it.
Made out pretty good. Had a great time, probably one of the best rides of the year so far for me. It was just plain FUN!!! I am a bit sore from a digger I took though, but that is riding.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts