Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is kind of embarrassingly that I grew up in northern British Columbia, not far from the bridge to nowhere (tm) and then across Canada, but I only have one Canadian bike. I've posted it before and still haven't gotten around to the needed resto, but at least I have a slightly better picture. This was the personal bike for Bushpig #2, Brenskin Bagdonis and now donated to my hoard. He and I went nuts designing our perfect rides between 1988 and 1989. His bike has a lot of the features we wanted, right down the the Ibis-clone paint.

So here is my Canadian bike. In the future I hope to have a lot more like Rocky Mountain Wedge and Tantalus, Brodie, DeKerf, Off Road Toad, and even humorous lugged Marinoni's. So, if you've got'em, post 'em!

p.s. Canadian Ti and Al is welcome too!

·
Visitor
781 Posts
Been through on my way up 16 to catch the ferry to K town (quite a ways from mid-town, no?). I spent the mid 80's up there saving sinking fishing boats when I was a kid. By the way, the rear axle is actually 130 spacing. Miss-listed. Looks like BE has new 135's listed, though.

...and now back to BP's normal Canadian Steel post.

·
Registered
554 Posts
My 87 Blizzard. I have the bull moose bars but they're too wide and I don't have the nards to cut them. Seat post is in the bike room too, not sure why, I shined it up and never put it on. (I have something to do tonight now) Plenty more Rocky's but I'll get to it later.

Attachments

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bagpipes said:
My 87 Blizzard. I have the bull moose bars but they're too wide and I don't have the nards to cut them. Seat post is in the bike room too, not sure why, I shined it up and never put it on. (I have something to do tonight now) Plenty more Rocky's but I'll get to it later.
I really dig this one! Let's see more. (and yea, don't cut that bullmoose down)

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I think BP would like this one too....

I gotta get off my butt and build this up.....:p

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I can get in on this fer sure. My DeKerf, its been many things and is now in linbo on it's way to being an off-road touring bike:

1996 Sovereign. Crack fixed, cable guides changed/removed, disk mounts added, powdercoated the blue of the bike that broke my back, and updated components where needed.

Then:

Now:

This bike is a big deal to me as it was my first serious set-up post injury. It's fast and I like it, it's got the best of both modern and oldish. It may one day be restored if I ever feel I have enough money and time to feel like spending them on my bikes looks. Oh, I long for that day.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Not sure if this qualifies as Canadian steel but it was only available in Canada and has a Rocky Mountain decal :rolleyes: Anyways, I know this is a favorite of Fillet Brazed :smilewinkgrin:

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
VRC Hound
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
donk said:
Both sets of pictures are at least 4 years old, but I stil have them and ride them.

My brodie climbmax

Now that it is no longer my beater bike, i should put the 140 syncros stem back on it.

Full description

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=7399&highlight=brodie+climbmax

My dekerf

The fork has since been replaced and it no longer looks like a christmas tree.

Full description here

http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?p=18898&postcount=37
Do you have bigger pics? Those bikes looks sweet!

1 - 20 of 255 Posts