Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a photographer who got a great shot of me going down hard on that big ramp->boulder during the race. I always forget the names/urls/etc of the folks who sell photos from the races. Anyone have any idea who it could have been or some URLs? I know it was a Pro guy as he said "you can have that one for free" as I lay on the ground laughing while he took a picture. :)

The only site/photographer I remembered was cyclingphotos.ca/j.safka, but I didn't see myself in there. It does still say "UPDATES SOON", however.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I emailed Jon Safka. It turns out that not only was he the guy who captured one of my typical crashing+laughing moments, but it was also him who returned my missing Garmin Edge 305 to lost & found after the race!

Massive props!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That second shot is amazing! Also: I've yelled at you (encouragingly!) from the side of the course while I wait for my race to start a few times. Nice bike. I have a 'cross bike from their sister-company, Planet-X.

Hopefully I'll soon be joining you in the SS category.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Thanks somnambulant. Although I confess I don't remember, such encouragements are highly appreciated by all of us.

And thanks thedumbopinion for the nice words on the Superfly. It is a very nice bike and I seem to love it more everytime I ride it. Although I will continue to race the singlespeed (it is in 69er format actually), the Superfly is a great riding/training bike for me. I might race for the 8 hour Epics at Hardwood.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jon doesn't always upload everything. He said he's totally open to requests. When I emailed him he asked me what race I was in and what my kit looked like and then he posted up two pictures of me (one of which has me lying on the ground laughing).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.