Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I just wanna ride my bike
845 Posts
What a great trip you had! You certainly hit a lot of the best trails that BC has to offer (I gather more technical than you like, but that's what we have to play with here).

Too bad you had a cloudy/rainy day on Keystone Standard Basin; the views are beautiful from there.

Come back again one day.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TheotherH said:
What a great trip you had! You certainly hit a lot of the best trails that BC has to offer (I gather more technical than you like, but that's what we have to play with here).

Too bad you had a cloudy/rainy day on Keystone Standard Basin; the views are beautiful from there.

Come back again one day.
Yes - the keystone ride would have been in my top 3 ride's if it hadnt of been for the rain

I know there not many Canadians that read this board -relative to other boards at MTBR, But for those that do which trails did we miss that would have offered epic views and smooth flowing singletrack, so I can get a list ready for when we return to Canada

I've just had a think about the trails we rode and I've applied a rating on 1 to 5 on the trails we rode 5 means I really enjoyed riding the trail 1 means it sucked so you can get a feel for what I like to ride :)

TrailLocationRating
Taylor Basin -> Lick TrailChilcotins5.1
Lake Minnewanka Banff5
Canyon Creek TrailGolden5
Wilson Creek TrailRosebery5
Doukhobor DrawRossland5
Lost Lake trailsWhistler5
Warner Lake - > Tyax trailChilcotins4.75
Ring Rip CreekSquarmish4.5
Galena trail, 'H' Road , Alamo Wagon Road
, Old Sandon Road

New Denver4.5
River runs through itWhistler4
2/3 of the Keystone standard Basin trailRevelstoke4
7 Summits trailRossland4
Jumping Pound & Cox RidgeCanmore3
Wakefield TrailNew Denver3
McDougall Rim Trail Kelowana3
Confortably NumbWhistler3
High Trail Road out and backChilcotins2
Kill me thrill meWhistler1

Any suggestions as to trails we missed that we should come back and ride would be gratefully received :thumbsup:

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
you hit all the good XC rides, now time to hit the resorts for some DH....

nice pics and write up, even if i'm not sure why you didn't like 7 summits...

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
zinger. To be brutally honest, I wouldn't recommend technical XC Canadian trails to you. I recall reading your writeup and you wouldn't enjoy them. I would recommend flowy, smooth, non-technical trails that had gorgeous views and vistas. Thankfully there are many

I would have sent you straight to the Chilcotins - there's enough to do there for a couple of weeks. Problem there is that there aren't many short rides. A short ride there is about 4 hrs

I would also have sent you to the Sunshine Coast and Vancouver Island. Views not as good but more variety, less committment in terms of time

I would have told you to give Whistler and most of Squamish a miss. The trails there would be over your head.

I would have told you to go to the Rockies and Kootenays only if the weather was good. Unfortunately your timing was bad and you got absolutely deluged.

Again, just IMO. If I were riding scared or over my head all the time, I wouldn't be having a good time.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Nice write-ups and great pics and it was good riding with you two. It's funny that your ranking is pretty much the polar opposite of mine...I would rank lake minewanka a 0 and kill me thrill me a 5 (if only in were longer). Oh well, to each his own. Let me know what other trails you've ridden in north america and hated...I'll head straight there LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.