Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Can you view the "Show your 1x9" thread?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like some people are having trouble viewing the "Show your 1x9" thread. Here's a link.

Poll options are obvious, but perhaps it would help to know which web browser people are using and whether or not that may be connected. I'm on the current Firefox and the whole thread loads for me.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I always get a Mythtv username/password prompt from something on danfinger.com on that thread. I imagine it's something in someone's sig pointing to their home server running Myth. (used to use it, but never put it on the public side) It's finger51's pics.

I can see it fine, Firefox 3.5 on Windows 7 Pro.

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
essenmeinstuff said:
I wonder if it has something to do with what I assume is one of the image files or something embedded wanting a password?
The odd thing about that MythTV pop-up is that my NoScript add-on doesn't catch it. I posted about it months ago in Site Feedback (link) but nothing came of it.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
No problem here. It has nothing to do with the browser. It is a bug in the forum server software that only applies to viewing threads in hybrid and threaded mode that have a large number of replies. Switch to linear mode in this thread then go back to that thread and it will display. You can make the change permanent in the My Account page

Default viewing mode when not logged in is linear mode; default viewing mode for new accounts seams to be hybrid. This can add to the confusion because if you switch to another browser or computer and try the thread quickly without logging in it will work fine, but in neither case is it actually caused by the browser or computer

·
Registered
540 Posts
boomn said:
No problem here. It has nothing to do with the browser. It is a bug in the forum server software that only applies to viewing threads in hybrid and threaded mode that have a large number of replies. Switch to linear mode in this thread then go back to that thread and it will display. You can make the change permanent in the My Account page
It depends, but the problem I'm talking about is repeatable by clicking https://www.danfinger.com/slingy.jpg I have a feeling some browsers are blocking the page altogether because of it.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
SuperJETT said:
It depends, but the problem I'm talking about is repeatable by clicking https://www.danfinger.com/slingy.jpg I have a feeling some browsers are blocking the page altogether because of it.
Ah, I hadn't checked it today. That is another problem entirely, and one the mods usually correct the same day by removing the link.

The thread loading bug pops up weekly through as people in all different sections of this forum try to load the different "post your xxxx" threads. I am still confused why the mods can't make some sticky related to this problem and make more people aware instead of other forums users constantly helping out the next wave of confused users

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
boomn said:
Ah, I hadn't checked it today. That is another problem entirely, and one the mods usually correct the same day by removing the link.

The thread loading bug pops up weekly through as people in all different sections of this forum try to load the different "post your xxxx" threads. I am still confused why the mods can't make some sticky related to this problem and make more people aware instead of other forums users constantly helping out the next wave of confused users
I can't view the 1x9 thread in either hybrid or threaded mode.

AZ.MTNS, can you view it if you set up in linear mode?

·
Registered
162 Posts
boomn said:

Default viewing mode when not logged in is linear mode; default viewing mode for new accounts seams to be hybrid. This can add to the confusion because if you switch to another browser or computer and try the thread quickly without logging in it will work fine, but in neither case is it actually caused by the browser or computer
yep works in linear mode.

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.