Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all
so i have been looking for a fork to build my new frame up (canyon spectral CF 2020) i think it needs 150-160mm forks

i went ahead and ordered the RockShox Yari RC Boost Fork (RC damping) 170mm travel from wiggle
(on the sram app it says MC control on wiggle it says RC,i dont know the difference and cant find any reference)

RockShox Yari RC Boost Fork Black 27.5" | Suspension Forks | Wiggle
RockShox Setup Guide | SRAM

but im kinda having 2nd thoughts now and thinking i should have gotten a better fork
before i return it,can it be upgraded?

or should i return it and get the Bomber Z2 150mm boost forks?
Marzocchi Bomber Z2 Boost MTB Forks | Suspension Forks | Wiggle

many thanks

· Registered
404 Posts
If you want a plush and strong fork, keep the Yari. If you dont like the RC MoCo, you can upgrade to Charger2.1 rc2.
If it is not Debonair B or C, give it a try first before upgrading.

The Foxzocchi Z2 is more like an AM/trail fork.

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys
i only ride canal/towpaths and the odd trails in our woods which have tree roots and little bumps
i dont do jumps

FS-YARI-RC-B2 is what comes up in the trail app
03t95679203
the thing is the canyon ive found out is supposed to have 150-160mm shocks,will the 170mm be ok?

Font Slope Screenshot Number Terrestrial plant

· Registered
281 Posts
Ok there is the expensive way to upgrade your fork and the cheap way. The expensive way is to go out and but the Charger 2.1 upgrade, but it would be cheaper to just buy a lyric with this damper to begin with. The cheap way to to go onto Pink Bike BuySell forums (Trading Forum > Suspension > Fork Parts / Springs) and find a Lyric Charge RC damper (Just get into the right part of the buy/Sell and search Charger RC). Basically people buy the Lyric Select+ which comes with the Charger RC damper and then upgrade it to the 2.1. They then offload the Charger RC damper for peanuts. I have picked up two almost new Charger RC dampers for about $80 each. There is one there right now for $100 from a 2021 Lyric Select +. I would just make them an offer. This will be cheaper than buying a new Lyric Select +

· Registered
383 Posts
Ok there is the expensive way to upgrade your fork and the cheap way. The expensive way is to go out and but the Charger 2.1 upgrade, but it would be cheaper to just buy a lyric with this damper to begin with. The cheap way to to go onto Pink Bike BuySell forums (Trading Forum > Suspension > Fork Parts / Springs) and find a Lyric Charge RC damper (Just get into the right part of the buy/Sell and search Charger RC). Basically people buy the Lyric Select+ which comes with the Charger RC damper and then upgrade it to the 2.1. They then offload the Charger RC damper for peanuts. I have picked up two almost new Charger RC dampers for about $80 each. There is one there right now for $100 from a 2021 Lyric Select +. I would just make them an offer. This will be cheaper than buying a new Lyric Select +
Yes I wholeheartedly agree with this.

I have a 2018 Revelation that came with the MOCO damper.

I found a Charger RC damper for $80AUD that someone had removed from their warranty fork to put the Charger 2.1 in.

It is a simple damper, but miles ahead of the MOCO damper.

· Registered
404 Posts
i can also get a pike select 150mm for £350 new..decisions lol
If you are still wondering what to buy and have some time for waiting, buy a Fox 36 Factory at RCZ. There is a offer tomorrow only on Factory (700.-€) and P-3Pos (500.-€), discount code for Factory is RCZFX59 and for P-3pos is RCZFX29 . It is not shown on the website yet, look tomorrow.

But for what you ride, the Yari is the perfect fork as it is. The MoCo has it´s limits only when charging hard down some rocky descents. For the Spectral it is a good fork.

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
but i dont have a lyric i have a yari..or do you mean the lyric parts fit the yari?

· Registered
167 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks guys i will ride them as they are for now

mine come with a red sticker on them they cost me £300 new from wiggle.
they also have some other yari same decription but white sticker and a little bit more money with white sticker on them,any difference,are mine older?

RockShox Yari RC Boost Fork Black 27.5" | Suspension Forks | Wiggle these are mine (it shows white sticker but click on picture they change to red like mine.)
RockShox Yari RC Boost Fork | Suspension Forks | Wiggle others

many thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.