Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, I have 2004 fox vannilla 125R but now the 2005 fox vannillas have 130 mm of travel. Can I upgrade to the new, longer travel? Does fox offer a upgrade kit?

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
if this were possible, you'd need a new damping cartridge, since the 130mm 05 cartridges are completely new and different than the previous ones.

This means the "upgrade" would be costly, assuming that the cartridge will fit into the lowers and secure in the top cap. Upwards of $150 would not be unreasonable for a new cartridge.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
SevenInches said:
I was wondering, I have 2004 fox vannilla 125R but now the 2005 fox vannillas have 130 mm of travel. Can I upgrade to the new, longer travel? Does fox offer a upgrade kit?
As Jm said, it would be costly if possible and you would loose 5mm of stanchions/lowers overlap... that means your fork would feel less stiff than what it feels now.

At +150 bucks (that's 30 bucks a milimiter) the cost and decrease of performance is just not worthy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.