Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so it's a little lost there in the tangle of tubes...

I don't think this qualifies as an official "Homer Hauler" since only 1 out of 6 bikes is a Turner, but I thought I'd pass the shot along.

The upside of having a family that mountain bikes is that we have a lot of fun. The downside is that it takes some serious hardware to go on a road trip!

My 2 boys (9 & 11) love to ride, but the little guy doesn't last too long out there. It doesn't help that his bike weighs more than mine, though.

The two tandems allow us to go on some pretty fun rides. 20 miles is about the limit. The kids love twisty singletrack through the trees. As we were zipping through an aspen grove my youngest was whooping and hollering and then said "Dad, I think mountain biking is in my blood."

Obviously the goal is to have the rack fully-loaded with Turners, but my numbers never come up in the lottery. :)

Attachments

·
3 "fiddy" for short
2,739 Posts
WOW!! As a family man myself, I must say that this picture is a wonderful sight. Glad to see that your family enjoys this hobby as much as mine does. :thumbsup:

·
Can Tree Member
847 Posts
Dude! I need that rack

Or something with that capacity. Who makes it? My Thule two-bike, fork-mount hitch rack isn't up to what I need it to do now that my kids want to get out of the neighboorhood.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep, he's right!

cactuscorn said:
i believe thats a draftmaster. my best buddy has one and ive sold em in the past. excellent product but spendy last i looked.
Yep, that's a Draftmaster rack, but not one of their stock configs. They set me up with slightly wider crossbars and the mounts for two tandems. It was a death-defying feat to get a tandem on the roof of that beast, so the Draftmaster was the only way to go.

The looks (and questions) we get are pretty interesting.

HH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts