Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
You didn't weight the outside pedal or pump in the first one and took a worse line thru it. It is obvious that you tried to make the first one look worse to try to influence the outcome here.

·
Banned
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You didn't weight the outside pedal or pump in the first one and took a worse line thru it. It is obvious that you tried to make the first one look worse to try to influence the outcome here.
I literally rode it as fast as I felt comfortable, but you are seeing the effects and not the cause. Hard to do those things or go fast because of......

If you think I made it look worse on purpose, maybe go film the same things and make short video. Ill fully admitt this video is meant to troll a certain type of rider but I was trying my best with my seat up.

·
Banned
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.....Because you are trying to prove a point. But you can weight the outside pedal and pump with your seat up, it not hard to do
I pumped as best as I could. My ass is on my seat so not sure how much I can pump from there....... watch my arms they are moving as much they can. Did you ever think that maybe there is just that much of difference between riding with and with out a dropper? Especially someone like who likes a high seat for pedaling, but run a 200mm dropper and only has a 27 inch inseam sowhen I stand from a high seat there is not much up travel for me to have.

But like I said. If you think I juiced the results, go make your video. Would make me eat crow alot more than saying "I am trying to prove point"

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I pumped as best as I could. My ass is on my seat so not sure how much I can pump from there....... watch my arms they are moving as much they can. Did you ever think that maybe there is just that much of difference between riding with and with out a dropper? Especially someone like who likes a high seat for pedaling, but run a 200mm dropper and only has a 27 inch inseam sowhen I stand from a high seat there is not much up travel for me to have.

But like I said. If you think I juiced the results, go make your video. Would make me eat crow alot more than saying "I am trying to prove point"
Why would I want to make a video, you're the one trying to troll a certain type of rider and doing a poor job at that.
No one cares about your dropper or the large sum of money you will pay people to rider your trails with a standard seat post. How about you just let people ride the way they want and what they want without the sanctimonious attitude.

·
Banned
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why would I want to make a video, you're the one trying to troll a certain type of rider and doing a poor job at that.
No one cares about your dropper or the large sum of money you will pay people to rider your trails with a standard seat post. How about you just let people ride the way they want and what they want without the sanctimonious attitude.
Eh....your sounding like the one with a bad attitude?

Again people can subjectively do what they want, but droppers are objectively faster, more control, and probably for most who ride them subjectively more fun.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Eh....your sounding like the one with a bad attitude?

Again people can subjectively do what they want, but droppers are objectively faster, more control, and probably for most who ride them subjectively more fun.
It could be that not everyone is about being "objectively faster". Some people ride rigid bikes, some people ride 26" bikes, some people ride single speed, I've even seen people ride a Unicycle offroad. Do you feel the need to troll those people too? Why not just let people ride whatever bike setup they like without you feeling like you need to troll them. Don't assume that you are the expert on what is "subjectively more fun" for "most who ride".

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Seat up v set down, Working the bike v not working, Riding the center line of the track v burming the outside line to retain speed, pushing hard v cruising

·
since 4/10/2009
32,576 Posts
something tells me there's a potential for IP lawsuits. Seth's Bike Hacks vs. Josh's Ski Hacks. Wonder who would win?

·
Registered
774 Posts
since we are trolling, I think your gut or lack of one would be more of a difference in speed. also why is your seat post even down for that? try pedaling into the corner for longer. you are worried about speed and yet you roll for a good 20-30ft where you could be pedaling.

As a rigid post 4 life rider, I must say that I get no greater pleasure in life than watching no skilled riders use their flappy posty things for every little bump they come to. Also catching and passing those dude bros that feel the need to flick their bike in every corner and pop and hop off of every little tiny bump and shout "Yeah buddy" or the like all the time as they go, riding my rigid single speed is so much fun. keep on keeping on. gives me someone to chase out there.

·
Banned
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
since we are trolling, I think your gut or lack of one would be more of a difference in speed. also why is your seat post even down for that? try pedaling into the corner for longer. you are worried about speed and yet you roll for a good 20-30ft where you could be pedaling.

As a rigid post 4 life rider, I must say that I get no greater pleasure in life than watching no skilled riders use their flappy posty things for every little bump they come to. Also catching and passing those dude bros that feel the need to flick their bike in every corner and pop and hop off of every little tiny bump and shout "Yeah buddy" or the like all the time as they go, riding my rigid single speed is so much fun. keep on keeping on. gives me someone to chase out there.

Lol your laughable. Would you put money where you mouth is? If so ....... I will pay 1k to the first high post rider who can beat me down 3 trails of my choosing. It oculd be you if you really good, but my guess is you are all talk. Ill pay travel expense as well. I was riding a SS as well so no advantage there and I am far from pro level. Again the ultimate way to make me stop trolling people would be for someone to show up and take my money.

So if your coming from the mid west Id pay 2k if you could keep up with in 5 seconds down 3 trails of my choosing. If I win I just get the video and want you to say you were wrong. If you can keep up you get 1k but your travel expense. Otherwise it is just talk.

1 - 20 of 429 Posts