Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Part-time rider
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was playing with Google map satellite feature, and I realized that I can check out my favorite trails from the sky.

Here's a photo of Wilder Ranch trails in Santa Cruz. What does your favorite trails look like?

K-Zero

Attachments

·
Keep rollin'
193 Posts
Boone County, KY takes new aerial photos every few years. These were taken in early 2004(winter, not much greenery better view of the ground), before most of the trails here at England Idlewild Park were even started. Great trails, if anyone is ever in the area, check them out. This spring they are planning on building some freeride type stunts on the back end of one of the trails.

Attachments

·
Hey, wait up!
1,542 Posts

Attachments

·
Hairy man
4,923 Posts
dlbennett said:
Tight intricate trail system.
Cool, I was going to try to find that.

Now that I look at the map, there does seem to be a blank spot in the Worm. I'm kind of amazed. I didn't realize how regular the shape of the trail was, I totally lose my sense of direction while I'm in there.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i use the website www.geoladders.com
The guy that created this site, now has satelite features for all our local trails here in SoCal.
Pretty cool.

K-Zero said:
So I was playing with Google map satellite feature, and I realized that I can check out my favorite trails from the sky.

Here's a photo of Wilder Ranch trails in Santa Cruz. What does your favorite trails look like?

K-Zero

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Too many trees in my area and most of the areas covered are way too low resolution. Strange that some of the higher rez areas are the most remote.

Here is one of my favorites (satellite and ground). Can not see the 12" wide tread from above though. I think the ground shot may be the most "tan" area in the bottom center of the sat pic.

Attachments

·
It's the axle
1,765 Posts
My back yard

This entire mountain is essentially my own bike ride. With multiple ways to get to it. The top is miles of groomed forest singletrack that no one ever rides. The east is a long winding fire road through dense forest. A four mile dirt blm road that winds along a river. And a blazing three mile downhill up to 28% grade. The west is a killer road ride that is paved, but only used for cell tower access. Basically a ten mile stretch of paved road that has heavy climbing. An amazing place.

Attachments

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yes Kind of...

Well Kind of- my local rides certainly arent as epic as some of the once above- although there is a nice view- and the area includes some awesome riding... Alot of huge granite slabs, rock roll ins etc. Very different terrian in the different areas. Both are Mountain Bike Only area's the one at the back of the park is the stockyards which is very technical, and ripper fun. The one at the front of the park is the Western Plantation "Flat Track", it's rather flat and windy, with some cool creek drop ins etc...

From Above...

View of the Stockyards...

The Typical View (pinched of google)...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.