Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
The best bike for you...

Rancho said:
New to this, what bikes (brand) should I be looking at?

price range 700-1000 or so. mostly trail riding at the local mountains...

Trek? Khs? Specialized?

Thanks guys
and gals...
Rancho,

The best bike for any rider is the bike that fits you best. All bikes by major OEM's are good bikes. What's important for you is to pick the bike that fits you best. My advice is to try as many different bikes by as many different manufacturers and pick the bike that "feels" best to you. That is the right bike for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, I can understand the reasoning behind that, but...

lets just say, i have a few that fit me just right. then i wanna choose by brand. What bike holds up the best? what bike has the best rep and authenticity?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Rancho said:

lets just say, i have a few that fit me just right. then i wanna choose by brand. What bike holds up the best? what bike has the best rep and authenticity?
they will all be pretty much the same, read the reviews and compare specs, thats the real difference between bikes if they fit the same and have same geo and such

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Pick based on color

Rancho said:

There won't be "a few" that fit you right. There may be one or two. Reread what I posted. All major OEM's make good bikes. There isn't one that's "the best".

Up your price to $5,000 and we can start talking about "best" based on custom frames.

As a beginner that's a really (REALLY) dumb idea, though.

·
i also unicycle
2,043 Posts
if there are a few that fit great, then rank by how the shop treats you/if they nurture newer riders. do they offer noob friendly group rides? do they know what they're talking about but aren't snobby? etc etc. as a newer rider a good lbs can really help you out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.