Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Don't be a sheep
Joined
·
3,441 Posts
Upandatem said:
You can fast forward to 4:00 for a close up of it...

Not sure who makes it (looks like a machined XTR) but I know I wouldn't ride it. That thing would fold in a few pedal strokes.
 

·
Forging Elite Awesomeness
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rivet said:
Not sure who makes it (looks like a machined XTR) but I know I wouldn't ride it. That thing would fold in a few pedal strokes.
Well that's what I was thinking too, a machined XTR (aside from the odd coloured, possibly 36t ring) but why? The rest of the bike's build isn't particularly weight-weenie'ish so why put the work into the cassette? The only thing I can think of is its NAHBS and they just wanted to add some more wow factor for the show. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
It looks like someone got a little carried away machining an XX cassette, as you can still see the aluminum cog through the rest of it. But like Rivet said, it'd probably fold in a second, even if it is steel.
 

·
Don't be a sheep
Joined
·
3,441 Posts
Upandatem said:
Well that's what I was thinking too, a machined XTR (aside from the odd coloured, possibly 36t ring) but why? The rest of the bike's build isn't particularly weight-weenie'ish so why put the work into the cassette? The only thing I can think of is its NAHBS and they just wanted to add some more wow factor for the show. :confused:
That's funny, I was thinking those exact things, It just doesn't add up? The 36t could be an FRM but it almost looks hand made.
 

·
Forging Elite Awesomeness
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IM31408 said:
It looks like someone got a little carried away machining an XX cassette, as you can still see the aluminum cog through the rest of it. But like Rivet said, it'd probably fold in a second, even if it is steel.
Hmm I think you're right. I can defintiely see those distinct arms of the 36t xx ring through the massive holes drilled in the rest of it. Also the "powered by sram" sticker is probably a hint.

Maybe the 36t is black anodized like the rest of the XO group on the bike?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top