Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love riding my downhill bike and being able to tear over anything but most of the time in

order to do that you gotta pedal up something and downhill bikes arent the easiest to do that

with. I was wondering if there are any rear suspensions out there that have lockout for a

suspension of 8.75. the bike it goes on has 9 inches of rear travel if that makes a difference.

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
The Roco TST R Coil has a lockout, or near lockout option among 5 on-the-fly compression levels. And is available in a 8.75 size.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts
I love riding my downhill bike and being able to tear over anything but most of the time in

order to do that you gotta pedal up something and downhill bikes arent the easiest to do that

with. I was wondering if there are any rear suspensions out there that have lockout for a

suspension of 8.75. the bike it goes on has 9 inches of rear travel if that makes a difference.
Ive been riding 7 and 8" travel bikes uphill for a long time. The biggest problem is the geometry, the distant 2nd is weight. Modern shocks and suspension designs don't need lockout, not to mention your bike will "buck" on every impact and radically decrease your uphill traction.

You have to choose your bike wisely to have a decent tradeoff with uphill and downhill performance, but its really easy to get way too wrapped up in weight and the latest designs.

·
1:18
526 Posts
Jayem said it.

If you really want a lockout, there are two more options:
- DT Swiss EX 200, 222 mm (8.75) with lockout
- Fox Float RPL, obtain 216 mm (8.5) version and replace the shaft from 222 mm (8.75) DHX Air.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts