Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got a taurine with carbon sl lefty, and i'd like to have a plusher fork so was wondering if you can get the fox RLC fit for it, or are there ways of getting the SL to feel plusher, it's straight out the box on a medium frame?

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
Give it some time to break in, the bearings are usually a little tight at the beginning and they take a few weeks of riding to really loosen up. Still the fork is not super plush, its a race fork first and foremost with some platform built into the damping in the same way the Taurine is a race hardtail. Going to the next size stiffer negative spring can help.
I do know of one of the Cannondale tech guys who had grafted the Fox Lefty internals into a SL structure, but I dont know if he had done some custom machining to get it to work.

Kevin

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,875 Posts
maybe i lost something.....

outside: RLC and SL have same boot, same carbon body , same clamps

but different upper crown , lower dial in RLC lower air valve in SL ...

internal : many differences

so maybe it's easy and safe to buy a RLC and sell the SL ....

·
unemployed team mechanic
157 Posts
eliflap said:
maybe i lost something.....

outside: RLC and SL have same boot, same carbon body , same clamps

but different upper crown , lower dial in RLC lower air valve in SL ...

internal : many differences

so maybe it's easy and safe to buy a RLC and sell the SL ....
the RLC is a standard DLR2 carbon structure. The SL uses a completely different structure. the difference that matters in the RLC conversion is that you cant thread the inner cap into the SL structure.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Captain Pabst said:
the RLC is a standard DLR2 carbon structure. The SL uses a completely different structure. the difference that matters in the RLC conversion is that you cant thread the inner cap into the SL structure.
So the RLC would fit in an alloy DLR2?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The magic touch...

My SL fork became lmuch more plush when I changed the oil from the standard thin 2,5 wt oil, to a 15 wt oil - it made a world of difference.
Also make sure you got the right negative spring for you weight, bed in the fork (a couple of weeks riding at least) and make sure the air pressure is correct aswell.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a brand new '08 SL, i was looking at maybe changing the oil in the fork, might take it into the shop to get it done.

I'll give it a bit of time first though, anyone know what spring comes standard in a medium '08 taurine, i'm about 12 stone (168lbs)?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.